[CHAPTER TWENTYTWO] "I got faith in you and I."

"I like this color for the background." Mariah said to her new assistant as he went through the check list she made for her "The Kids Closet." clothing website. It had been a few weeks since her dad had been released from the hospital and she was working on something new.

While Deandre was in the studio, she found herself sketching designs for the girls to wear. Some of their clothes she made herself because she would sew the triplets names inside on the label. When she realized she had two closets full of ideas, she figured Deandre was right, she could put them to good use. There were already a few kids designers that she loved like Katie and Moss and Stanford kids - who had a real nice material that was easy to get out stains, which was nice when you have little ones. She decided to send them some emails for a meeting so she could introduce herself to them as a businesswoman and not just a customer. A few days ago, She pitched her idea of an online clothing store named, "The kids closet" And they loved it.

So now for Mariah's first project was getting her ideas onto the computer. Her lawyer was busy drawing up contracts for the designers she was collaborating with her. She wanted to get those done before Christmas Day. So while they had time, she worked with her new assistant Shane to meet her personal deadlines. She hired Shane a week or two ago, so he could take over and she could spend time with her girls. She was working on putting her business/work second and her girls and husband first. Because they were the most important people in her life.

They had to get a new nurse when one of the former ones got sick over their thanksgiving break. So Mariah decided to let clean house and hired just one new girl. Since she was going to be home, they didn't need three extra people. Now it was just Lilian and Nicole. And you can't forget Dave.

"What about this font?" She looked at his computer and frowned, "No." She was used to selling things as is and it was simple, just a quick picture, a description and price. Now, she had to add tabs for sizes and measurements guides, categories for different things and etc. She had to add the different labels and she had to include their pictures as well, so there was a lot of empty boxes on her check list left unchecked.

"What about this one?"

She gave Hollis a fruit snack and looked at the screen, "No." She didn't want the new shop to be similar to her Mariah's Closet website at all.

"What about..-"

"Look at what you're about to show me and then think about what you think I'm going to say.. and pick the opposite." Mariah wasn't going to sign her name on anything she didn't like. The process was long but she always got it done on time. She stood up from her chair and walked over to the window.

"Use the references I gave you." She opened the curtains to see Nicole and one of the gardeners flirting. She smiled and moved the curtains back so they couldn't see her being nosey.

"I think you'll like this one on top of this color.." He walked up to her with the computer in his hand, "Yay or nay?"

"Yay." She said giving him a thumbs up as Dawsyn crawled under the kitchen table.

"Oh my gosh now she's never going to come out!"

"Turn the beat up." Deandre says to his engineer as he laid down a few tracks. As he was rapping, one of his producers came in with another artist from the label. Deandre stopped what he was doing and took off his headphones. He never rapped unleashed records in front of people who weren't in his circle. He only trusted a few and after losing his friends, he didn't give himself any room to allow new people in.

"What's up Tone?"

"What's happening lil Dre?" They dapped up each other, "Sorry to interrupt, I just wanted you to introduce you Sade, she's new around here.."