[CHAPTER NINETEEN] "Lay it on me."

For their last night on his birthday trip, they ordered some groceries and cooked a meal together. The time they spent in the kitchen alone, she got him to sing along to Ella mai with her. As long as she promised not to record him. They cooked some lamb together and Mariah made the vegetables and chopped up some potatoes.

They made a call checking up on the girls before they sat down to eat.

"So I told Steph, our family home has to have ten bedrooms, four car garage and long driveway. I know you love a driveway."

"We can't get too many steps because the girls are crawling and I don't like those gates all around my house."

"But if I show you in house with carpets you know you're gonna freak out on me."

"A Person can change her mind."

"Let's say we have to more a few miles to get the house we want.."

"That's fine." Mariah couldn't be too picky about the location, she knew everywhere she needed up her mother was always going to find a way to her.

"I'm glad we're cooking now because you didn't say anything about cooking for the house."

"If we have to transport the girls from house to house.. I'm not cooking." Mariah said laughing. But, if he wanted to cook she wasn't going to stop him.

"After thanksgiving I'ma go lay down this track with mark."

"Okay baby whatever you need to do." Mariah was on a cloud nine about the fact the holidays were coming around. Her birthday was coming up because last year she didn't celebrate when she found out she was having triplets. And since Deandre was going to be in the studio, she was going out.

"This the first time I've seen your new boobs so much."

"Yeah because you've been gone." She stood up and gave him a twirl. She only got her boobs stuffed and her tummy tucked but that was it. The girls gave her an ass so she didn't need to add to it. She wanted her boobs to be natural looking so she knew the Deandre wouldn't really noticed the jump. He was a man. She did the mommy makeover for herself. After breastfeeding and being cut and drained four times, she wanted to feel better about her body.

"You look gorgeous wife." He took out their polaroid camera they brought just for the trip.

"And you are so handsome baby. Come on dance with me."

"You and all this dancing.."

"Listen okay, tomorrow it's back to mama and daddy duties."

"But, you know I always give you kisses every time I see you."

"Yeah and baby girl does the same thing." Because Mariah started during things with her early, like potty training when she first started sitting up on her own and she made sure her nanny, read her books every hour - so she could have a break from the tv and her toys. Mariah labeled things around the house so she could get familiar with words. And with big color dots on everything so she could learn her colors. She wanted to make sure she started early and she was doing the same with the other girls. Deandre thought it was funny watching Mariah put up everything but when Zein started talking and he could actually understand her, he was proud of her. And the daycare was helping a lot.
But it only worked if the lessons continued at home.

"You're sure a good mom. I knew I picked a triple threat when I saw you."

"Every time I get up and see you feeding two girls and the other laying on a pillow beside you, I get butterflies in my heart. It makes me fall in love with you all over again." They always bonded as friends but now that they were parents they had a different bond when it came to talking about the kids and making decisions for them.