[CHAPTER TWENTY] "Not the Jealous type."

Grammys night..,

Two weeks before thanksgiving they attended the Grammys after show party. A few artist were performing and they had a section to themselves. Mariah was excited to be out with her husband for her birthday. And it was a double bonus that Deandre won two awards that night. She was happy at all the press he was getting. It was something she had to get used to because it came with the lifestyle. And she had to accept people coming up to him, asking him questions and taking pictures.

They hired some nurses to help Nicole and went out for the night. Steph sent over some outfits for them to wear that was sent over from designers. And he got them a driver. Just in case Deandre needed help with Mariah. After having kids, she was more of a light weight.

Mariah had a few drinks as Deandre socialized. Since everything was really last minute, Michaela already had a lot on her plate so she decided to stay home. And since Mariah hadn't really spoken to Kip in a minute she was alone. She stepped away to call the girls in the bathroom.

"You look really nice Ms. Mariah.." one of the nurses said as she pointed the camera to baby Hollis. "Thank you honey. See she's still sucking her thumb. Try to take it out her mouth and hold her mouth shut softly." She was trying to get her off that bad habit.

"Let me call you back." Her sister Michaela was calling her. She ended the call and switched over to Michaela. "Hey baby mamas." Mariah said to her.

"Can you come by? I can't stop crying." Mariah looked around them back at her phone. "I really need you here."

And Deandre needed her there. She didn't know what to do. She didn't want to disappoint anyone but this was a special night for him and she was having a nice time. On the other hand, it was her sister. And Michaela was always there for her, no questions asked, when she needed her.

"I'll be right there okay?"

"Okay.." she said crying as she hung up the phone. Mariah placed her cellphone back into her purse and used the restroom before going back into the party. As she looked for Deandre, she ran into some bloggers.

"Aren't you with West coast?"

"Um.."

"He's right over there with his wife." The blogger pointed out the bar and Mariah laughed, "I'm his wife, that's my best friend Kip." She said seeing them at the bar.

"Oh I'm sorry-"

"Don't trip, have a nice night though." She went up to one of the waiters and asked for her check. She had ordered a few things.

- Can you come here for a second?

She sent Deandre a text message and continued to sign the receipt. "Here you go ma'am." She grabbed the Togo dessert she got for Michaela and she stood up. "Thank you."

"We leaving already?" Deandre asked as he came back to their section with Kip following behind him.

"Yeah Michaela called and she wants me to come over... hey girl."

"Hey sexy red.. you look great!" The hugged and gave each other kisses. Kip handed her the flowers she brought for her. "Happy birthday!"