Chapter 3 - 'Masks, Pain, And A Bit of Fame'

[19 thousand words of pure sweat and pain...Hope you all enjoy my suffering. I do it for you all!]

[Alright! So! Chapter 1 got 268 votes in 24 hours...Chapter 2 got 271! Which...is still shocking, so, thank you everyone. But, a deal is a deal. So here we are again...four days later with another 15k plus word chapter. In this one we continued the return of the reader who has now a complete different main personality (but will still be normal and such, so, for those that were worried about that, all is good in the hood). But in other news, this is where the story really kicks off. To the point, I can very much use the line "This is where the fun begins" and say it goes to a whole other level. So, if you're looking forward to that be sure to leave a vote and comment, and who knows...Maybe we'll keep this four-day upload train going...]

[Also, for those worried he'll be too OP...Just wait. Just because someone is powerful in fighting doesn't mean he doesn't struggle with other things...]

[Note: The Cursed Technique titled 'Cursed Potential' brought up in the last chapter is actually a domain expansion, don't feel I clarified that enough. Also, from here on out, when bringing up Cursed Techniques I'll add a little description about them below it]
__________________________________________________________________________________

[3rd Person POV]

The gentle night breeze, the rustles the wind made as a lone black SUV drove through the silent streets of outer Tokyo, the only sounds to be heard. Three people sat in the car. One of which being none other then the newly returned (Y/n) (L/n) himself. However, whereas his earlier self was filled of excitement and joy to be back, right now, he was just happy with the silence. The way the breeze rushed in through the open window next to him to blow against his face brought a soothing feeling to him as he looked up at the moon.

It had been a very long time since he had seen it, and despite it once being something a lot of people overlooked, it was more than enough to make (Y/n), someone who spent what felt like three years in complete darkness, to really enjoy the fact that he was back in the land of the living. What added to it was the mere thought that he wasn't just back. It wasn't just the same old him that was kicked out of Kyoto and was washed into Tokyo's Jujutsu High school. No. This was a newer him, a better him. One who carried the same characteristics, but was more confident.

Not just in his powers, but his personality as well. He no longer feared what others thought of him. He feared no one. He realized long ago that being afraid of things were what was holding him back from truly being happy. Well, not anymore. (Y/n) wasn't that weak nerd he was back then. He was stronger. More powerful. And overflowing with so much cursed energy he had over a dozen cursed techniques which he mastered during his sentence within the void. And now, he was looking forward to showing his old friends what he had picked up whilst away.

Though, if he was being honest, the mere fact he was going to see his friends after so long made him excited beyond belief. Almost every free moment he had whilst stuck in the void, he thought about his classmates, Gojo, heck, even Ijichi. He thought about what they were doing, if they were having fun. If they...If they missed him as much as he missed them? Either way, if it wasn't for them, (Y/n) wouldn't nearly have been able to survive as long as he did in the void. And one thing that helped him through such was thanks to the very letter he currently held in his hand.

A mere look down was all it took to see the letter in question was the one Maki had handed to him in his room before he left to go with Inumaki on the mission. The envelope that surrounded the letter was now ripped opened, and fragments of the paper inside could slightly be seen. Just looking at the object brought a delicate smile to (Y/n)'s face. Not only for what was written in it, but also about what it meant to him. The way it helped him through times he wanted to quit. Times he thought about giving in and dying. It was because of this letter that he was still here...