Chapter 10 - 'Special'

[AN 18.5K WORD CHAPTER TO MAKE UP FOR THE DELAYED CHAPTER RELEASE!!!]

[Okay! So at the writing of this, Wattpad is struggling with notification issues for all sorts of things revolving around stories. I tried to release a chapter of ANTI-HERO the other day and it didn't work, so when you see this (hopefully soon) if there was a delay, it'd be because of that. Nevertheless, hopefully, you do get to see this and it's not far off from the last chapter. Because we've finally reached it, people! A big moment for this book! The first point of the reunion with the Kyoto students! In this case, Todo and Mai! It's a moment I've been waiting for, for a long time now, it's something that I feel could be a real game-changing moment in the story. Not just for the story's plotlines, but the reader's character in general. It's time he goes into another gear!]

[If this chapter reaches 285 votes in 24 hours...BRAND NEW 15K CHAPTER NEXT WEEK!!!]
__________________________________________________________________________________

[3rd Person POV]

--One Year Ago--

The bright and bountiful sun stood tall in the sky over the city of Kyoto. Below, an endless amount of cars travel through the roads as they go about their life. Though, I guess that could be said for everyone in this day and age. They wake up, get ready for the day ahead, and go to work. The hours of the day were filled with stress, love, spite, and anything else that was contained within the human emotions. But no matter what someone felt, there was always one place where people felt at ease. 

Like all the problems of the day just went away. For most, this place would be the one where they spend most their time. Some would most likely call this a 'home'. But sometimes, just because you called a place 'home' didn't mean it felt like one. It was that exact thought process that flooded a young (Y/n)'s mind as his skinny and frail body was tossed to the ground for the fifth time in a row now. As his body collided with the ground, his head snapped backward as a splatter of blood burst out.

(Y/n): "Blah!"

A white void swallowed his eyes, showcasing the lifeless form that had taken over his body from yet another powerful attack. The young boy, cast in a small black Jujutsu Uniform, had as much trouble as even to block the attack that came his way. The moment made even worse as shadow-covered figures watched on from the sides. But these shadows were not curses, monsters generated from the negative emotions of the world. They were humans, just like everyone else that (Y/n) saw every day, yet sometimes, as (Y/n) was beginning to figure out. Nothing technically had to be a curse...To be considered a monster.

But (Y/n)'s mind could currently focus on nothing but the pain that surged through his body as he struggled to rise to his feet. His grazed knees and pulsating hands digging into the dirt beneath him. Hoping for something to stabilize his body. It took all of his strength to lift his body off the ground. But just when he went to lift a knee to pick himself up completely, a powerful swing from a muscular leg suddenly cut through the air. Before the strike even hit, (Y/n) could feel the impact created from the wind alone. He was simply given confirmation of the attack when the heavy foot crushed his back and pushed him to the ground once again.

(Y/n): "ARGH!"

Again, a cry escaped his mouth. This one doubled by the sheer force behind the attack he was just delt. For a moment, he just lay there. His cheer rubbing into the dirt as all strength in his body was stolen from him. Honestly, at this point, (Y/n) didn't know what was worse. The fact he was losing so badly, in front of his fellow students and his teacher; or that even after five months of being pushed around at this school, he still found himself trying to be a sorcerer? He never wanted to come to Kyoto, let alone join a Jutusu School there. But he knew this well enough already. He was only just given a reminder when the shadowed body of his opponent began to loom over his body from behind.