Chapter 1: Partner?

" John, meet Detective Sojourn." Said the chief of Toronto Canada's capital police station.

Sojourn: " I don't have time for introductions. I have a flight to catch." Needing to go in a hurry. On a case.

" alright I'll keep this short. He's gonna be your partner from now on." The chief said, hearing Sojourn scoff and say " I don't need a lackey. I work better alone." Hearing the chief say " this is not a request." Telling her she doesn't have a choice.

" and whys that?" Sojourn said, upset. Discarding the time, letting her feelings get in the way. " have I ever let you down? I've solved every case you've given me. I've worked my ass off for you and for this whole station. I've dedicated my entire life to what I do."

" for one you have trouble following orders and listening to your superiors." The chief said, making Sojourn say " doesn't everybody?" Making the chief narrow his eyes and say " and second failed your mental examination." bringing that up. " I ain't crazy" Sojourn said half heartedly laughing, hearing the chief say " I've got a butcher living in my basement and demons in my closet, I've got a fortune tellers number on speed dial." Repeating a line Sojourn used to describe her home life. Which is very concerning...

" so?" Sojourn said, making the chief say " are you trying to get yourself fired? Thrown into a mental institution? Detective you know how to answer the questions." Wanting to know if she's just loosing touch on reality after the case investigating that little town in Adlersbrunn.

" I take my job seriously. I really do have a butcher living in my basement, and I do have two demons living in my closet. And there's nothing wrong with having a fortunate tellers phone numbered on speed dial." Sojourn spoke, defending herself. " I'll take you there myself, since I've missed my flight thanks to you." Sojourn said, having nothing better to do than to wait for the next available incoming flight.

" fine. But if your wrong I'm gonna have to take you off the case and I'm gonna send you to a shrink to have your head examined." The chief said, making Sojourn laugh. The chief gestured to John to come tag along. Even telling John " sorry about all this son. You may be transferred." Feeling like assigning him under Sojourn was a mistake. Knowing that she was a great detective and still is, it's just that her case in Adlersbrunn changed her.

When they got to Sojourn's house...

" alright, Butcher! I've got some guests over! So don't go chopping them up into itty bitty pieces!" Sojourn announced, right when she opened her door.

The chief and John looked at each look like she was crazy.

They went down to the basement. There, there was an array of different kind of knives, cleavers, axes, swords, etc. as well as a lot of metal chains and bloody hooks.

" god!" The chief said, at the stench of blood. As John gaged.

" I know. The amount of air fresheners, scent sheets, and perfumes I spend." Sojourn said, like it was nothing.

The sight too was unpleasant to say the least. Blood everywhere. Even on the walls. Mangled guts and intestines everywhere.

" Sojourn if I didn't know you for 20 years I would have you arrested for this." The chief said, thinking not only is what he's seeing is fucked up, unsanitary, and now becoming extremely suspicious that Sojourn might be truly mental in the head or even a serial killer or something.

" you said a butcher lives down here? Where is he?" John asked, looking around.

" it's not a he. It's a she." Sojourn said, correcting him. " also Ashe gave a new nickname to her, Junker. Since she likes to collect a lotta junk. Which I totally agree with Ashe. And the butcher likes the nickname Junker more so we started calling her Junker instead."