Prologue

"It's really nice to have a girls trip!" Sonoko shout in excitement.
"Yes, I'm glad Kazuha can join us also," Ran smiled at Kazuha. Kazuha smiled back shyly.
"I hope I'm not becoming a nuissance"
"Nonsense. You're Ran's friend, and Ran's friend is my friend too," Sonoko said easily.
"Alright girls, let's shop a little before we go!"
They went to a shopping mall, to one shop to another, trying out here and there, and commenting on each other's choices. They were busy talking with each other and not really paid attention to their way, until Ran accidentally bumped a girl in the aisle near the mall toilet.
"Oh, sorry," Ran said. Because of the bump, Ran's bag fell to the floor.
The girl bended down to pick up Ran's bag.
"It's okay. Here," the girl looked up and handed out Ran's bag, and the three girls were astonished.
She was the epitome of beauty. Her shoulder length hair was strawberry blonde, her eyes clear turqoise, and her skin flawless.
"T-thank you," Ran said, a bit stutter. "Did you hurt somewhere?"
"I'm okay," she smiled slightly. "Bye, then."
The girl left those three girls in awe.
"Wow, she was so beautiful," said Kazuha.
"Yeah, with that face, I would have dozen of men in my arms," said Sonoko.
"I feel like I've seen her somewhere," Ran  thought.
"Maybe in TV. She must be a model," said the other girls.
"Yeah, maybe." Ran shrugged her shoulder.
"Then, let's go again," Sonoko dragged her friends happily.
They continued their shopping activity. They were still happily choosing out items, when Ran's eye caught a familiar figure.
"Wait, is that Shinichi paying in the cashier?" She asked herself in surprise. Kazuha and Sonoko also looked her way. What is Shinichi doing here in women section? Is she getting something for his mom?
The guy who looked like Shinichi finished paying and left the cashier counter. He suddenly looked around in panic, as if he was looking for someone. Ran almost called him, when Shinichi suddenly ran in a rush.
Ran held back from calling him and she ran to follow him instead. She lost him several times, and she looked around until she saw Shinichi again. She got closer and got ready to call him, when she suddenly realized he was heading toward a girl, who was bending at a rack of some bag collection. From where she stood, Ran could only see the girl's back.
When Shinichi approached that girl, he seemed to say something to that girl -- eventhough Ran could not catch what he called her. Hearing him, the girl straighten up her back and looked at Shinichi, and that was when Ran saw her face. Ran's eyes widened, as she recognized her as the beautiful strawberry blonde hair lady that she met earlier.
***
Shiho was looking around when she heard Shinichi said rather hasrhly, "There you are. Why are you wandering around by yourself?"
She looked at him, "I'm just seeing some bags. You done?"
"Yes. And next time please stick with me, or at least tell me if you're going somewhere," Shinichi said pouting, 'you almost gave me a heart attack'.
Shiho raised her eyebrow, "I didn't know that I must be attached to you."
"I'm just worried."
"And I didn't know that you are protective either."
They look at each other in annoyance, until they heard a guy called them.
"Hey, guys! Didn't think that I'd see you guys earlier than our agreement," said Heiji.
***
Ran sneaked to a pillar near them and peeked a little. She wanted to hear their conversation. To her surprise, she saw Kazuha's childhood friend, Heiji, was there too.
Why is Shinichi with that girl? Who is she? Why is Heiji here also?
"Here, change to this," Shinichi handed the newly purchased shopping bag to the girl.
"What is it?"
"Clothes."
"Yeah, I can conclude, but why?"
"People think wildly when they see you in that outfit, as if we just spent a wild night together. So I think it's better for you to wear normal women's clothes"
Hearing that, Heiji turned his head toward Shiho, and his face turned red when he realized Shiho was wearing Men's shirt.
Shiho smirked and teasingly touch Shinichi's cheek, "Did you enjoy the wild night then?"
Heiji's face got even redder, but Shinichi only rolled his eyes. "Go change,"
"Alright alright, pushy detective," Shiho walked away to the changing room.
"Umm guys, can't you keep it low?" Heiji asked with an awkward voice.
"You'll get used to it," Shinichi only shrugged. "Let's follow her. I feel uneasy when she's alone."
"Okay, but when are we going after this?"
"Spring bar. I made reservation for us there,"
"Okay."
They left without realizing the dark haired girl behind the pillar.
***
Ran tried to hold her tears. She didn't believe what she just heard. That guy looked like Shinichi, sounded like Shinichi. But was that really him?
"Raaan," Sonoko and Kazuha ran toward her.
"Did you find him? Was that really Shinichi?"
Ran only looked down at her feet. "I think so," she said weakly.
"Then where is he now? Why is she not here?" Sonoko looked around.
Kazuha looked at Ran. "Ran, what happenned?" She touched Ran's shoulders.
Ran looked up, showing her teary eyes, "he was with someone,"
"Oh, Ran!" Kazuha hugged Ran.
"That bastard! Is he cheating on you?" Sonoko shouted in angry.
"And Hattori was here too,"
"He-what??" Kazuha released her hug in surprise.
"What are those guys doing?" Sonoko yell.
"Do you know where they go?" Kazuha asked.
Ran wiped her tears. "Shinichi said something about Spring Bar, if I heard right."
"Then let's go there!"
***