Chapter 1 - Run

RUN. That was the only thing in mind. His footsteps splashed on the puddles, spraying both of them. He could hear the rain patter and pound in his head. They ran and ran. Until they couldn't.

"Ugh!"

A girl with light blue hair tied into a ponytail ran into them.

"That's why I told you not to run!" A voice yelled from the right of the sidewalk.

His head pounded and his vision began to blur.

"Take care of her first." He squeaked.

The voices began muffled, he stared at Shoko. They were sprawled on the floor, and the rain cried.

...

Fumiru didn't know what was even going on, and the rain did not help. Fumiru and Nina were panicking when a 15-year-old boy with black hair and a 15-year-old white-haired girl collapsed on the sidewalk. The girl was more injured so they took both of them to the hospital and now they were sleeping on their beds. Fumiru and Nina lived together well since we were in high school. It was the best life.

"Fumiru, come here!" Nina shouted across the hall in the bedroom.

Fumiru sipped her cup of coffee and rushed towards the bedroom. Fumiru and Nina were the same age, 17. But Nina had long dark purple hair that she always kept in a ponytail. As always, Nina wore a black disposable mask.

"What is it?" Fumiru asked.

Nina pointed towards where the boy and girl were sleeping soundly.

"We gotta treat the wounds the doctor told us." Nina sighed.

She pulled out a med kit out of thin air and began giving Fumiru some bandages and medicine.

Fumiru took the boy and Nina took the girl. Fumiru was ready to put some bandages on the boy's arm when his eyes suddenly snapped open, like literally, you could hear it.

"What-"

The boy quickly stood up and stood in a guarded stance. He looked around and stared at Nina treating Shoko.

"What are you doing to Shoko?" He growled.

Nina froze.

"We're treating her." Nina smiled.

The boy seemed to relax a bit since his eyes became soft.

Strange, Nina thought.

He had two different colored eyes, one was dark black, and one was pure white.

Maybe he's blind, The two of them thought.

"Are you feeling okay?" Fumiru asked.

Soza just stayed silent and walked over to Shoko lying unconscious on the bed.

"Is she doing okay?" Soza quietly said.

"Yeah, she got a few stitches at the hospital, but she's in stable condition." Nina assured as she placed a bandaid on her cheek.

"How did you guys end up like this? Like you guys were badly hurt." Fumiru popped.

"Nothing you should worry about," Soza said as he touched Shokoʻs cheek.

Fumiru stayed confused and suspicious.

"So what's your name?"

"Well, since you helped, I think you should know," Soza looked up.

"My name is Soza."