Chapter 6 - The Doctor

Shoko was busy talking with Nina and Fumiru while they helped put away her stuff. Until Shoko's phone rang with one name, Soza. The two girls got it for her during shopping and exchanged phone numbers.

"Soza?" Shoko asked.

There were cars and people in the background, Soza was running.

"Soza?" Shoko repeated. Nina and Fumiru stopped to listen.

"Listen," Soza said in an urgent voice. "L-Listen closely. Stay with Nina and Fumiru, don't go outside. Don't try to find me."

"What do you mean! Soza, listen! What-What are you talking about?!"

"I trust you guys, take care of Sho-"

The call disconnected.

Silence.

"What happened..?" Nina asked quietly.

"He's found us." Shoko said, her voice cracking with fear in her eyes.

Tears rolled quickly down her cheeks, everything felt like it was falling apart, piece by piece. Shoko fell down to the floor, crying hard as all the memories flooded in.

"Shoko! Tell us what's happening?!" Nina yelled.

"Who's "he" ?!" Fumiru asked urgently, shaking Shoko.

Shoko took a deep breath, trying to calm her shaky breathing.

"I-I'm going to tell you everything that happened." Shoko said, tears rolling down. She held out her hand for the two girls. They tilted their heads in confusion.

"Hold my hand. It'll show you everything." Shoko said, gesturing her hand again. The girls took her hands, eyes closing.

The flashback starts...

Shoko's eyes flutter open, in the setting of a small room, pale white wallpaper on the walls, with bars as the door, resembling a jail cell. Soza is lying on a small cot next to Shoko's. Shoko starts to get off her cot, shuddering at the contact of the cold metal flooring. Suddenly, the jail cells slide open, and a tall, slender, brown-haired man dressed in a lab coat, walks in and reaches towards Shoko. Shoko flinches and scoots back on her cot. The man's face turns to anger and he again reaches towards Shoko more aggressively. His hand is stopped immediately by a hand coming from behind. Shoko turns around, seeing Soza holding the doctor's hand, blocking it from touching Shoko. Soza's eyes narrowed, turning red.

The doctor chuckled. "Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt her. Relax, 151." Soza's eyes glared harder into the doctor's skull, after hearing the number 151. Shoko reached her shaky hand up to Soza's face, touching it softly.

"I-It's okay," Shoko said, her voice shaking, showing she was holding back tears. Soza's red eyes faded and his face was replaced with cautious softness.

"152 is right, 151. Everything is okay." The doctor sneered. The doctor then moved his hand out of Soza's, or 151, and he reached toward Shoko's neck, grabbing it roughly. Soza's eyes turned red again, but he stayed still. The doctor then took a small thin syringe, poking it in Shoko's neck, making her flinch.

"It's alright, 151. It's just a small injection, just some testing." The doctor said. Soza stood still, still watching the doctor closely, making sure nothing happened. After all of the liquid was injected, the doctor pulled out the needle, leaving a small trail of blood coming from Shoko's neck. Soza took her, looking closely at the small hole in her neck now. He grabbed the thin sheet of his cot and placed it on the small wound, making the cream sheet turn to blood-red.

Shoko smiled softly at Soza. "I'm fine, no need to be dramatic."

The doctor turned to Soza now, grabbing a new syringe. He grabbed Soza's neck too, more aggressively than he did to Shoko, and pushed the syringe in his neck. He squeezed the liquid into his neck too, and Shoko took Soza's hand and squeezed it softly. Soza didnʻt even flinch, he just glared at the doctor.

The doctor finished and left the room, a smirk on his face. "I'll be back soon to check up on you, Subject 151 and 152." The doctor closed the jail like doors and left.

Blood too, dripped down Soza's neck. Shoko ripped the sheet in half, wrapping it around his neck, and wrapping the other around her's.

"I'm sorry I couldn't help." Shoko apologized, guilt on her face.

"It's okay, there's nothing you even could do. If there was, I would have done it." Soza replied, his eyes still red from the interaction with the doctor.

The flashback started to actually flash, from different images in Shoko's mind. It went from multiple scenes of being beaten by the doctor, abused, crying, everything was glitching and flashing in as quickly as it left. The flashback started to become bright, and then they were back in the bedroom.