8 - Trigger

POV Mina

The sky is starting to turn dark.

Jihyo is coming towards me.

I'm waiting on a bench, behind our building.

She looks pissed.

" Myoui Mina ssi. Son Chaeyoung will be coming. "

" She didn't have a choice anyway... " I say.

" There was someone at her house. A girl. "

I look at Jihyo. This caught my attention.

" A girl? "

" Yes, she was quite tall, brown long hair... She surprised me. " Jihyo admits. " I had to lie and call myself Choi Bora. I invented a whole story. Heck, I even had to hold Son Chaeyoung's hands! How disgusting. "

Jihyo searches for something in her bag and comes out of it is a disinfectant. She then pours some on her hands and rubs them frantically.

" What's the girl's name? " I say.

" I don't know...Why would I even bother to remember? "

I nod.

And why would I even bother to know? I ask myself.

From the distance, I see a short girl walking down the stairs. 

It's Chaeyoung.

She is wearing a black hoodie and very large black jeans.

She has a big tote bag hanging on her shoulder. Why is it gigantic? Is she going for holidays?

POV Chaeyoung

Stress overcomes me as I see Mina and Jihyo at the far end of the path.

They are both looking at me.

The strap of my tote bag puts pressure on my collarbone, it hurts.

I am re-thinking of Jihyo's appearance at my apartment. Why did she even bother to come in the first place? She could've text me. I'm sure she planned something else, something bad like the wicked person she is. Fortunately, Tzuyu was here.

I arrive near Mina and Jihyo.

Mina gets up and comes to meet me.

" Son Chaeyoung ssi, what are you doing with this bag? " Mina says coldly.

" I have my camera gear. "

" And who told you to take it with you? " Jihyo retort, crossing her arms.

Yep. She is not the same as she was at my house.

" Well, you didn't tell me what we were going to do so I took what came to mind. "

" Stupid- "

Mina cuts Jihyo off:

" You are a professional Son Chaeyoung ssi. That's not a bad trait. "

She then looks at Jihyo with a serious, menacing glance.

" Alright. I'll go ahead. " Jihyo says. She turns on her heels and walks away.

Mina look at her go and then turns to me.

" Did Miss Park Jihyo tell you? "

" What? " I question.

" Tonight, after our training session, I want you to tour me your apartment. " She says with the most emotionless expression ever.

" Huh? "

" The reason is that I want to know my employee better. I'm doing this with all of my employees." 

That must be what Jihyo really wanted to tell me. She wanted to declare an official visit of Mina but she couldn't because of Tzuyu.

" There's no problem. I will. " I say to Mina.

She has a contend look on her face.

She then invites me to follow her.

We go in the direction of a covered area. It is a shooting training range. 

Jihyo is cleaning a gun, seated on a wooden chair.

Mina opens a metal trunk containing three different types of guns. She takes a basic pistol.

She verifies that everything is in order. She then walks to a sort of control center and taps something on it.

After a loud beep, I see targets coming out of the ground.

I find myself like a kid again. This is so cool! It's like in the detective Tv shows I used to watch with my mother. 

Mina aims the pistol and start shooting.

The sound of the gunshots is piercing my ear-drum. It's loud.

She is not missing any targets. She gets them like flies, falling all one by one.

Her dark hair is moving in sync with her head and body movements like she is dancing gracefully. 

In the blink of an eye, she is finished.

Mina turns to me. Her eyes are darker than usual. A glacial aura emanate from her.

She smiles slowly, but her eyes tell the contrary.

Jihyo applauds.

" Great work Miss Myoui, as always. " She hypes Mina.

Mina reloads the pistol and passes it to me.

In my hands, the metal is cold and it's heavy, except for the grip and the barrel.

I come to my senses and take a look at the deadly weapon.

Mina's name is carved on the side of it.

" Son Chaeyoung. " Mina says. " Do you know how to use a gun? "

I say no.

She takes my hands into hers with a firm grip. We hold the pistol together.

" You aim it like this. You must be well anchored in the ground. "

She stands behind me and aims the gun with me.

She puts my finger on the trigger and puts hers on top.

" Are you ready? "

I nod once again.

I sense her finger making pressure on the trigger slowly but surely. I hear a detonation.

I squint my eyes and shiver a bit but Mina's warm body comforts me.

Tho, she slowly backs away.

" Keep going. " She commands me.

------------------------

Next chapter tomorrow!

Have a good night / day everyone :)