ONE, prologue.

—— chapter one

—— chapter one.
Prologue.

REDBONE BY donald glover played as the twins, caila and cyan sat on the outdoor couch in the backyard of their grandmother's small home

REDBONE BY donald glover played as the twins, caila and cyan sat on the outdoor couch in the backyard of their grandmother's small home. the whole family was there, having a cookout. the twins watched as the adults danced, talked shit, and laughed, while also looking at the many children that ran around... but one section they lingered on was the section where the teens sat, their older cousins.

   all of the teens were in highschool. but Cyan and Caila weren't yet. But after the upcoming summer, they were gonna become freshmen. along with their cousin, Latrelle. they were close, they were practically the three stooges together.

  speaking of Latrelle, he plopped down on the couch next to the twins, "man, this shit is boring." Trelle smacked his teeth, huffing as he looked at everyone.

  "hell yeah, i wish we could do what they're doing." Cyan pointed at the group of highschooler's, that were hiding from the adults, they were filling up shot glasses with pink whitney, no one even realized.

   "doesn't matter, because that will be us in a few months. we'll be high schoolers before we know it." Caila said, pushing her glasses up. her dimples showed as she smiled at her brother and cousin.

  the boys agreed with the most important girl in their lives.

   "I hope granny don't catch em'. she gone act a fool." Cyan spoke, laughing a bit. "I know damn well y'all ain't drinking my alcohol, sneaky sons of bitches." he imitated his grandmother, who was fixing the little kids plates.

  Latrelle and Caila laughed loudly, causing the one group they'd been eyeing all night to look at them, in confusion. The two quickly stopped laughing, side-eyeing each other.

   Suddenly, one of their cousin's walked up to them. he was a high schooler. "ain't yall going to high-school in a few months?" The boy asked the three of them.

  "Yeah, why?" Caila answered for all three of them.

  "come hang with us, yall just sitting here looking sad and shit." The fourteen year old's looked at each other, contemplating it. they shrugged and stood up, following their cousin, Dayday to the spot.

   "Yall wanna try some of this?" Dayday asked, shaking a bottle of 1800 tequila in their faces.

   The twins were reluctant, but Latrelle immediately agreed. The twins talked to each other with their eyes, which confused all of them.

  "aye, that shit creepy. yall eyes just moving for no reason." Kiana, another cousin spoke. "but, yall ready for highschool?" She pulled out a vape, and pulled from it.

"Hell yeah, we're ready. ain't that right?" Latrelle asked his cousins/bestfriends, grinning a bit. he handed them shots of the 1800.

Cyan looked at the alcohol, before shrugging and taking the shot, he made a weird face as he swallowed it, he brought his head back up, shaking it. "That was...nasty. i want more." Caila looked at her brother with wide eyes.

Before they could pour some more in his glass, a small voice was heard behind them. "Granny said come eat." They turned around and saw a little girl with curly ponytail's in her head, caila and cyan recognized her as their niece.

The girl saw the glasses of alcohol, and she made an 'ouuu' sound, "im telling. granny, they drinking your stuff, the bad stuff!" She yelled running to where her grandmother was...

Caila frantically poured the alcohol out of the glass and sat it down on the ground, kicking it from her, she swatted at her brother, telling him to do the same.

Their grandmother came around the corner, "i know damn well yall ain't drinking my alcohol, sneaky sons of bitches!" The old lady hit each and every one of them, before grabbing the bottles and walking away. "Try this shit again, yall won't eat!"

Caila and Cyan looked at each other, before smiling and laughing to the point where they were holding on to each other.

They loved being at the family cookouts.

"mmcht, she always ruining the fun." Latrelle mugged the air, standing beside his cousins. "Man, i can't wait for high school."

"damn right." The twins said in unison.

Little did they know, high school was gonna be the least of their worries, as their lives were gonna change in a matter of time, for the better and the worse.

Most of the family had left, but the twins' parents were still at their grandmother's house, talking up a storm. Latrelle was there too, his mom was talking up fat ass storm as well. The three of them sat on the couch, looking at the news on the tv.

Two figures sat down in the other seats in the living room, "ohhh, it's the freshmans." Dayday said enthusiastically.

"oh yeahh, i can't wait to bully yall when yall get to fhs." Kiana joked, she was in the other seat across from dayday.

Dayday chuckled as he watched the twins' faces changed. they looked sad and a bit worried, latrelle just didn't care. "Aye, look though. high-school gone be fun, just try to do as much as you can to have fun. Like go to parties and shit like that." kiana gave them some advice, dayday agreed to it.

"Yeah, and most importantly, stay out of trouble. And keep lil Caila safe from them little boys, understand?" dayday ordered as he pointed at each of them with squinted eyes.

They all nodded, "i'm gonna be focused on school, not those lil boys." Caila chuckled, Kiana made a humming sound, knowing damn well it wasn't be true, she said the exact same thing, but didn't follow through with her words.

the twins' high-school experience was about to have loads of ups and hella downs. maybe even a few deaths, or maybe they'll get rich. Who knows. Freeridge teenagers were a different breed. they didn't even acknowledge the gunshots they heard outside.

Meanwhile, four other kids their age were running through the streets of freeridge, happily debating what type of gunshots they heard... they would soon become a key part of the twins' lives, even Latrelle's.

—— ricki speaks.
ahhhh, finally made a book for my baby Jamal.
i still don't get how these overgrown ass kids were 14, like why did they choose
to make then 14?

i still don't get how these overgrown ass kids were 14, like why did they choose to make then 14?