XI: Tiny wars

"Ñuha jorrāelagon, emi iā bōsa sōvēs hen īlva!" Visenya approached Vermithor as the dragon turned his head towards her.

Vermithor purred, a sound more like a cat than a dragon escaping his nostrils, as his rider caressed his sleepy eye. As Visenya placed her bags on the saddle and got up onto Vermithor's back, the dragon stretched out his wings, shook his head, and took to the skies. The weather was perfect for flying. Not a single cloud in sight, the sun showed the way toward King's Landing.

As Visenya's muscles relaxed in the sensation of the air hitting her cheeks upon flight, the idea of her final destination started to seem less irritating. She would be with her family, after all. Her dragon, ready to take her away whenever she wished. The visit was only for a week or two, at most. Only to reiterate Luke's and mother's claims. And Jacearys's. They should not be reminding the court of the rightful succession, but the fucking greens-

Vermithor plunged down the sky towards the water to break Visenya out of her beginning spiral. As the woman's hands tightened on the ropes to pull him back up, she could not help but laugh. Fair enough, she'll have plenty of time to ponder and be annoyed at the greens on land. Let them enjoy this flight together, only peace and harmony in heart.

As they city started to become clearer on the horizon, Visenya looked down and saw a tiny dot in the ocean - no doubt her family traveling by ship. Vermithor lowered his body once more, enough to fly above the ship, but not low enough to shake it. Had only Jacearys and Daemon been on that ship, Visenya would have had Vermithor shake the ship bloody upside down to mess with them, just as Daemon had once with mother (at least that's what they told her), but mother's seasickness appeared troubled her fearcely while carrying children, and gods be damned if Visenya added to it by shaking the very ship she was on.

As the dragon passed the ship, they went toward the dragonpit. Visenya could feel the disdain in Vermithor's body, only having stayed there back when Jaehaerys was a young man. Would he even fit? Visenya hoped he would not, so that he could roam free as he did back on Dragonstone. A cage was no place for a dragon. It was not a bird nor rodent to be kept locked, only flying when a human wished to do so. She understandably patted his back as they landed. Five dragonkeepers greeted them upon their arrival.

"Ziry kostilus iksis tolī rōva," one man groaned to his friend as they carefully approached the dragon, gawking at his size.

"Lo jaehossa issi sȳz, issa," Visenya replied as she got down from Vermithor's back. To her surprise, no maids or carriage was waiting for her to take her to King's Landing. Sure, riding by dragon was a last-minute decision, but surely the Queen saw the dragon approaching, heard it at least, and would have sent someone by now? Her jaw tensed. No, no, let's not assume. She had promised to be on her best behavior, and would not start an argument over something so minor.

She watched Vermithor annoyingly being led inside the dragonpit; something in her heart squirmed. It was only for a few weeks. Unaware if she was trying to calm down herself or her dragon, Visenya turned to the sound of a carriage approaching.

"Princess, your family is on their way. It is an honor to be one of the first people to welcome you back." A knight, no older than twenty, greeted her.

Handsome, she thought to herself. Quite handsome.

"I believe I haven't had the honor to meet you before I left. Ser...?"

"Ser Roland Parren, your highness." The man bowed.

"My pleasure." Visenya smirked as he held out his hand to help her get into the carriage. An old one, she took notice, not really in the shape you would expect the royal family to ride in. Perhaps because of short notice.