Chapter 23

You finished making the food, not bothering to put the dishes in the sink yet. You sit down on the couch, turning on a random channel. At this point, you were bored and tired out of your mind.

You pretty much zoned out while eating the noodles, not paying much attention to the show playing. You finished eating, setting the bowl in the sink and going back to the couch.

You were frustrated that you didn't get sleep. You once again zoned out, staring out the window of your balcony door, no longer paying attention to your tv. But suddenly, you heard a knock on the door.

"Come in!" You yelled, already aware it was chan. He opened the door, a surprised look painted across his face.

"Why are you making that face?" You laugh at him.

"Oh, nothing, i just thought i locked your door when i left.." He chuckled, shutting it and sitting next to you.

"Delusional." You joke, looking back out the window.

He made a sarcastic face at you, making you laugh and playfully slap him.

"Okay, not to be rude or anything, but why are you here." You said looking back at him, putting down your hand as if you were giving a lecture.

He jokingly dropped his jaw, hand gripping his heart. "I'm not wanted?" He joked, making a pouty face. You both laughed at his joke.

"I just wanted to see how you were." He said putting his arm over your shoulders, giving you a soft look. He looks up at your tv, noticing the random show playing.

"And no way you're actually watching this show- what is this?" He jokes, you stick your tongue out at him.

"Naur way you're arctually watching fhis!" You mock him.

"Okay okay enough! truce!" He laughs, putting his hands up. You started laughing so hard you felt a tear run down your cheek. (not that cheek don't get to excited💀) This was the kind of stuff you always want to experience, not the strange events that happened before. But luckily, this temporarily made you forget.

After you both calmed down, he went back to seriousness. "Seriously, back to my previous question, how are you doing?" He questions.

"I mean i- i'm doing great."

"You sure?" He furrows his eyebrows, his eyes softening on you.

"Yes chan, i'm fine, really." You smile at him.

You see him pause for a minute, scanning your face before going back to his previous expression.

"Okay, i'll believe you. Have you eaten at least? Do i need to get you something to eat?" He questioned as he started to pull his phone out from his back pocket before you stop him.

"No chan, i already ate, i promise." You put emphasis on your words.

"I even have the dirty saucepan and dirty bowl on the stove and in the sink to prove it."

He looks over to the kitchen, noticing the dirty dishes. "Okay, good. I really hope things work out better." He says as he starts to get up from the couch.

"Wait where are you going?" You question, pouting at him.

"I hate to leave you so soon, but i have to go work now. Gotta be there by 6:00. I wanted to check up on you beforehand though." He states.

"Wait, you have a job?" You furrow your eyebrows at him, eyeing him as he walks towards your door.

"Yup. This popular restaurant in town. Actually i've been working there for several weeks and i usually work 4 to 6 days a week. Nothing new." He shrugs his shoulders.

"I did not know that." You pull your lips into a thin line.

"Yeah. I'm so sorry but i have to go now. I'll see you later." He smiles at you, and starts out of your apartment.

"Oh and lock your door!" He says as he peeks his head back in, quickly shutting the door after leaving.

- - -
It had been several weeks later, and you chan and the rest of the guys had been hanging out a lot. You went to a theme park for an event, you cooked together, etc. . And you all had grown closer in that time.

You tried texting and calling your mother, but she told you if you didn't stop she would block you. "What happened to 'you're gonna call me everyday!' " You scoffed to yourself, mocking her words.

But now presently, you were sitting at your desk, trying to study for another big test in your anatomy class. You had tried asking chan if he could help you study, but you currently didn't know exactly where he was. And you were pretty sure he didn't have that class.

You actually didn't know exactly where anyone was at the moment. Obviously you hadn't talked to your mother in a hot minute. You think you heard the guys talking about going on a trip or something, but you weren't really listening.

You were pretty frustrated that you didn't know where any of them were, despite spamming chan's phone with texts. 'How is he not seeing my texts.' You thought to yourself.

However, you did manage to get ahold of eden, who was currently in japan with her mother visiting a friend. or something. You weren't really listening to that conversation either.

'How was I able to get ahold of someone in a whole different country but not someone who is probably in the same city.' You scoffed.

It was weird though, how nobody was around. You were hanging out with chan at a museum just a few nights ago, and the two of you walking back up to your apartments was the last you saw of him.

You ultimately decided to just close your textbook for awhile and take a break, as you had been sitting there, slouched over your desk trying to study for 6 hours now. You couldn't focus on it anymore. Not that you were able to before.

You hadn't really got any of the guys phone numbers yet, except for felix's. So you decided to try and text him.

-Hey, where are you guys? Chan isn't answering my texts?

-Oh, hey Areum, we decided to go on a trip to Gyeongju.

-Oh uh, okay. Why? If I may ask.

-Well it was my idea. I actually wanted to  go to a concert here. But we're busy so I have to go.

-Oh, well bye. Have fun.

- - -

You thought that conversation was kind of weird, but you figured they were just busy. Which they were if they were on a trip.

You shrugged it off and decided to get food somewhere to eat, as you were now really hungry. It was getting colder outside, so you throw on a pair of regular flare jeans, a sweater and a jacket, and pulled on your converse. You also decided to pull your hair back simply into a clip and be on your way.