Chapter 6- Dinner time.

Evara felt as if she was in heaven.

With all the heavenly aromas of different types of food items and the pure serenity of the room, it was inevitable to feel that way.

They were taken to a room that was next to the kitchen, apparently just as huge and a door that connected the kitchen to the dining area. There wasn't really a table there. In fact, there were multiple long low-rise tables.

"Now this is what I'm talking about." Evara grinned excitedly at the sight of the huge utensils, each filled with a different food item.

"Leave some for us too, please." Samukta rolled his eyes at her.

Evara turned to him with a raised eyebrow. "Am I dreaming or did you just say 'please'?"

Samukta gave a stretched sarcastic smile before calling out to Jig. "Where are the chairs and tables?"

"My god, dimwit. There are no chairs. You sit on the floor." She said while crossing her legs and sitting on the floor. Inara took a seat beside her, who was followed by Kavi and Raina. Raina couldn't have been more grateful in her life by seeing the amount of amazing food that had been cooked for them. That too, without any input of hers in it.

"Sit on the floor?!" He exclaimed.

"Tell me I don't need to teach you that too." Evara put on a horrified look, while Kavi and Inara shared confused ones. With the 'I don't know how to climb a train.' Evara didn't think it was impossible. The boy could be more stupid than she thought.

He threw a glare at her.

Jig smiled slightly but Raina saw a vein pop in his jaw for a second, as if out of... anger? Or maybe just a response to Samukta's arrogance.

"If you don't want to sit on the floor, you don't get food. Simple. There are rules here and you ought to follow them. I'm no one of authority in this gurukul so I can't say anything more than advice that you could show more gratefulness to them for their kindness. Keep your mighty arrogance aside for a few moments or it will only be a loss to you." Jig said with an extremely serious face, before taking a seat right across Evara, in front of Inara.

Evara wanted to laugh at Samukta's face, at that moment but she controlled herself. She looked at him, and met his eyes giving him a stern look that said 'Get your ass on the floor.'. He frowned slightly at her sassiness but decided against arguing because Jig was right. He shouldn't be too arrogant.

He took a seat next to jig, in front of Kavi. The woman from the kitchen earlier entered the room and quickly started serving the six.

Kavi's eyes widened with the amount of food being served on his platter. Usually, he never had much access to food. With the daily wage they earned, it was usually only enough for his parents to have food, with him only getting a handful of it. His parents always insisted on him having it because 'he needed to grow.' But Kavi didn't allow it. He remembered the time when he was a kid and at night, when he was served dinner, he asked his mom, 'Did you have dinner?' and she used to reply, 'Of course! Long ago!' with a whole-hearted laugh. It was only when he had grown a bit that he realised 'Long ago!' meant never.

He closed his eyes and thanked his god for this chance.

He just wished his parents could've gotten it too.

The lady served everything, one by one to everyone. There were various items on the platter, but Evara's face lit up entirely when three particular things were served on her platter. Two of them being misalpav and maalpua, the things she had asked for. She grinned and looked up at the lady, saying an overwhelmed "Thank you!" The lady gave her a wink while mirroring her smile. The third thing on her platter was maakhan. And Evara was feral for maakhan. She let out a squeal from excitement, earning a side eye from Samukta—along with a sneer, and a knowing look from Jig. Jig couldn't help but swear she was his soul sister.