Chapter 11- The adventure.

It was like a tunnel. But it kept spinning. A whole kaleidoscope of trees and skies, an eerie experience of not being heard and looking at the surroundings, trying their best to memorise it as if it was a dream. But it wasn't. And Kavi knew that. He could feel the other two with him, he could feel the ground beneath him, how the dust on the ground pushed itself down when felt the weight of him over it. He could feel the breeze blowing harshly through his skin. He could feel how the wind was practically peeling off his layer of cover.

Ruchya didn't have to memorise it. Because he already remembered all of it. He remembered the entire maps of the place from that previous night, such that he could even predict in his mind which monument or building would the gurukul show them next. He knew what, but the why and how remained unanswered still, and he couldn't stop his restlessness, as he kept on walking, as if he would find an answer at the end of this sphere of a myth.

Inara, on the other hand, was only scared and curious. Which is a weird amalgamation if you think about it. Like if in a horror movie the survivor was scared of the crooked cloak but also curious as to how dismantled would the face behind it be.

She wanted the Gurukul to unveil itself, and hoped to find hidden jewels of secrets underneath. And at the same time, run away from it as far as possible, so that not even a shadow of this place could fall over her.

They walked, not uttering a single word, as they kept on being engulfed by their self-created webs of fear and mystery and confusion. And just when they felt they were losing a piece of their mind, the reel suddenly stopped.

The surroundings came to a rest, the haze felt to have lifted up, and they felt a bit... free.

"What happened?" Inara breathed out.

"That's the only question I don't think anyone can answer right now." Kavi said, staring intently at the road they left behind.

Ruchya stayed quiet, as he pondered if he should walk on or turn back and enter into the loop hole again. But his mind quickly diverted the decision when he saw a glimpse of an escape.

"That looks like an exit." Ruchya said, walking on with stern belief.

"What if it's another trap?" Inara's voice indicated the concern she felt.

"Then I'll damn well get trapped." Ruchya said, not stopping for a beat.

The other two hurriedly followed after him, desperately wanting his safety and avoiding any chance at loneliness.

Ruchya walked through the gateway before any of the other two could speak a word of hesitation, and disappeared out of the Gurukul.

Kavi and Inara shared a look of great concern, only hoping whatever the other one does would be right. But they together took a step in the doom of their day, suddenly a feel of pull towards the Gurukul— but it disappeared in a fraction of second, making them question if they ever even felt it or just dreamed of it.

Spotting Ruchya right in front of them, they both ran over to either of his sides.

"We're out." Ruchya said.

"What do you mean?" Kavi held a huff of breath.

"We did it. We got out of the Gurukul."

—🪽—

It was like the forest was alive. Or more like dead. Or something of a grim reaper. The trees didn't seem to want the light to reach a cell of their skin, as they hovered over them, creating an umbrella of shelter. The grass was quiet. There were no grasshoppers, no ants, nor any worms or bugs. As if everyone except the three knew where to be.