•24•

Charles Leclerc

I always assumed winning a Grand Prix made you feel the best

I always assumed winning a Grand Prix made you feel the best. Zooming down the last straightaway, zipping around the last corner, seeing the checkered flag and knowing you'll be the first to pass it? It's a euphoric feeling, deep inside your chest because you did it- you won the race and got your team the points.

Standing on the top steps of the podium with your award, your national anthem playing as not only your team but fans watch proudly. I just assumed that was the best it could get, and I was okay with it.

Again, I was okay with it.

I thought that was the best it could get but damn was I wrong. I thought I'd never meet something- do something- that would surpass the feeling of winning.

Again, I was wrong.

Because standing up there like normal was amazing, but standing up there and seeing her in the crowd?

It was perfect.

It felt like nothing I'd ever felt before to know I was winning not only the race, but her back. It felt so much more to me that I was winning and she was here to see it.

I never realize how much I missed having her at a race until she wasn't there anymore. I remember my first win after we had broke up, it didn't feel much like what I thought a win was supposed to be. I was happy and I was proud of myself, but it didn't feel right.

I'm f2 when I'd win I'd run to her first, I wanted to see her first to see what she thought. I run from my parked car and straight into her arms where she'd say she was so proud of me. I'd see her wearing my teams shirt with a wide grin and felt more like a win.

Sure I had people to celebrate after with, my team, my brother, even some friends. But when they said I did well or that they were proud, it felt nice but it didn't feel right.

But standing here, the sun shining down on me as I accept the award for first given to me. I look for only a few seconds before finding Rosa standing in the crowd with a Ferrari jacket on, holding Millie with a matching Ferrari kids hat on. She met my eyes from a distance and I see her already wide smile stretch further. She nudges Millie and soon they're both waving up at me, Rosa blowing a kiss in the process that goes straight to my heart.

My chest warms and it's not because of the sun or the exhaustion from racing for two hours.

I love seeing her in the crowd, I love seeing them in the crowd together.

Yeah some of the guys have kids on the grid and they've told me how much more surreal it feels to win with them in the crowd watching, but I never got it until now.

I never thought about having kids this early because I know I'm not done racing and I wanna be there for them like my dad was for me I too he died. But I've only known Millie for a month and I already know if she asked me to skip a race to hang out- I'd tell Ferrari to put in the reserve driver.

The music switches and soon enough I'm spraying champagne with Max and Louisa, the two redbull drivers I've gotten use to sharing the podium with.

After getting doused with the winning champagne, I leave the podium looking for two people.

I enter the Ferrari garage, pats on the back and shoulder from every garage member as I wipe the sweat and champagne mixture off my face.

As I do I hear a sweet and small little voice shout, "papa" before I feel a small little body slam against my legs.

I chuckle and finish wiping my eyes before I look down to see Millie hugging herself against me. My entire mind goes fuzzy when I see her looking up at me, sparkling green eyes shining up at me paired with a wide smile.

"Hello little one" I grin and pick her up, her tiny arms hanging around my shoulders as I clutch her to my side.

"Sorry for the little rocket launcher" I look up to meet the pair of brown eyes that I know I could never get tired of seeing.

"She's got some strength in her" I joke as Rosa steps close enough for me to wrap my free arm around her waist and pull closer to me.

She lets out a soft giggle when I place a gentle kiss to her temple.

"You have no idea" She jokes back before she brings her hand up to my cheek. She makes a big dramatic thing of wiping away the remanding sweat and champagne before she presses a kiss to my cheek.

"I'm proud of you mon amour" She already said it when I ran up to her and Millie after winning and parking my Ferrari. She pressed a kiss to my helmet then and it still send an electric shock down my spine. Now my entire heart thumps heavily in my chest at her words.

"Thank you ma chérie" i respond and pull her even closer despite her dramatically speaking about how I'm sweaty and smelly, "it was for you"

I see her face flush red and she looks down as a wide smile brings out the dimples in her cheeks.

"Hey get a room!" We both look over when we see Louisa walking past the Ferrari garage with Max next to her.

Rosa rolls her eyes but her smile stays, she waves her sister off as I yell, "go back to the redbull garage!"

Louisa only laughs and flips me off, which makes Rosa gasp and cover Millie's eyes while I'm laughing as well.

"Shall we go back to the hotel then?" I ask after when I see Millie yawn and lag her head against my shoulder. A picture worthy sight if you ask me.

"Oh yes please, my feet are killing me" Rosa complains and I look down at her strappy sandals that don't look the slightest bit comfortable.

"Rosie, ma chérie, why do you wear uncomfortable shoes?" I sigh as we start walking towards my drivers room.

Rosa rolls her brown eyes again, her arm coming to wrap around my waist as well.

"They are not too bad, and they match my outfit"

———
Who ready for some drama?
Charles and Rosa's life is too
peaceful rn
Also thanks for 60k views yall ate that