•41•

Charles Leclerc

I'm breathing heavily as I pull myself out of the car, the shit Q1 run makes me eager to get out of the car and away from the cameras trying to get a look at a heated and upset driver

I'm breathing heavily as I pull myself out of the car, the shit Q1 run makes me eager to get out of the car and away from the cameras trying to get a look at a heated and upset driver. I barley made it into Q1 today and they all want a shot at the angry Ferrari driver.

Thankfully they stop following me when I push the back door to the garage open and walk out. So I take off my helmet and lean against the wall, letting out an exasperated and annoyed sigh. I run my hand through my hair several times and close my eyes just trying to calm my nerves.

One mechanic peaks out of the door to tell me I have five minutes before I need to be back in the car. I nod and they leave, but it's only seconds before another person is calling my name.

I barley have time to look around before some runs into my legs. Someone small enough to wrap their arms around my legs.

A wide smile finally fills my face when I look down and see a familiar head of blonde curly hair peaking out from a slightly large Ferrari hat.

"Millie" I pick her up when she reaches for me, "where is your mama?" I quickly ask when I notice it's just her alone.

As if on cue, I hear Rosa call out Millie's name. I look up and see her tiredly running over. I quickly walk over with Millie in my arms.

"You okay?" I ask, trying-and failing- to hide just how happy I am to see them both.

Rosa tries to smile through her heavy breathing, "yeah yeah, she's a quick one" she says and points to a giggling Millie.

I chuckle and turn to Millie, "you better not have been giving your mama a hard time Mils" she nods her head 'no' but the sound Rosa huffs out tells a different story.

I just chuckle again before turning back to Rosa. For a short time I thought she'd turn up in some type of redbull or even McLaren attire, but nope. She's wearing just a simple pair of loose fitting jeans and a loose white t-shirt, covered mainly by a Ferrari Bomber jacket, and then some white tennis shoes.

Something hanging around her neck catches the sun and pulls in my attention. The rose pendant necklace I got her so long ago makes me smile.

Without thinking I reach out and skim my fingertips over the pendant.

"I thought you took it off" I mumble, remembering the slight sting I felt when I saw her without it.

"Only for a little, it felt wrong though so I put it back on" she says softly and looks up at me. Her brown eyes look like liquid gold in the sunlight, captivating and simply enchanting to look at.

"Thank you for being here" I tell her, turning to smile at Millie when I feel her start to play with my hair out of boredom.

"Of course" Rosa responds with a heart melting smile. I start to smile but then I frown. She quirks a brow and opens her mouth to say something but I beat her to it.

"Your face is gonna get sunburnt, where's your hat?" I ask.

She chuckles, "don't worry about me, I've put on a fair amount of sunscreen"

I nod along, thinking about where I left my hat for a second. I look over and through the cracked garage door I see it sitting on a counter.

"Maybe" I start and quickly grab the hat, "but you can never be too careful"

Her face falls into a soft and appreciative smile as I plop the hat over her blonde hair. I'd say I was only acting this way because I didn't want her to get sunburned in the bright Abu Dhabi sun, but deep down I wanted to see her wearing my hat. A grade school thought but a thought all the same. The number 16 on the hat looks even better in her than it could in me.

"Won't you need your hat?" She jokes, looking up at the hat in her head then to me.

I wave her off, "I'll get a new one, it looks better on you anyways"

I see a slight blush in her face but I can't tell if it's the sun or because of me.

Once again, a mechanic tells me it's time to go. I sigh, hating the time got cut short. For a moment I want to just leave the whole circuit and talk to Rosa and Millie, but I know I couldn't.

"You should go," she says after I've handed Millie to her, "we'll be here when you get done"

The words do bring comfort, knowing they won't leave and will stay after I've left to go drive.

I pause for a moment and it makes Rosa let out a soft chuckle, "you've gotta go" she nods her head towards the door and I finally nod along.

"Do good papa!" Millie shouts as I'm walking away. I smile to myself before turning around and saying, "I'm sure to do good now Mils! Just for you"

Millie giggles and hides her head in between Rosa's collar and shoulder.

"Charles!" When Rosa calls my name I immediately turn around to see her walking after me. I quirk a questioning brow at her and move to ask what she's doing. But then she quickly presses a kiss to my cheek.

She mumbles the words "good luck" before pushing back my shoulder, making me stumble to the door of the garage I probably should already be in.

My eyes widen and my heart beats quicker in my chest as the feeling of her lips pressing against my skin linger like a tattoo.

I cant say anything because my entire mind is spinning. Just from a kiss on the cheek, how embarrassing. But I can't even be embarrassed, even when I walk through the garage with a few guys asking if the blonde is the reason for my smile. I only nod with a happy smile, getting into the car with a renewed feeling.

And with the motivation to get back sooner to them and to make them both proud, I put my Ferrari into Q3 in the P1 spot.

———
So obviously I suck at updating but my life has been very busy so I haven't even been on this app as much I use to be. Sorry to say but updates will be very random as I have a small amount of time to write! Stick with me because I swear this story is finally taking a turn for the better!! Thanks for reading!!!