1: My New Home

(Y/N's POV)

     Soon, we pull into the driveway of a house. It was two stories tall, and looked well kept. 

     "Alright everyone, let's get Y/N settled in!" my, presumably, new father says. We all get out of the car and walk into the house. The room is big, with a couch and TV, so it's probably their living room. I guess they're a neat, and probably strict, family. I hope they don't mind my plush and book. Almost nothing clutters the floor, and everything is neatly stored in shelves, cabinets, and boxes. An open kitchen is to the right, a bathroom to the left, and a staircase in front. 

     "Follow me, Y/N. I'll show you your room," my new mother says, gently grabbing my hand and taking me upstairs. Once up, I see a hallway, with 2 rooms on each side, and a bathroom at the end of the hallway. Of course, because I'd like to see the Stair Demon after using the bathroom in the middle of the night. Each of the doors have a label. The one closest to the stairs, on the left, is labeled "Dad", while the one across it is labeled "Mom". The one next to Dad's door says "Alyssa", but the one across it has a blank label. "That blank one is your room, Y/N," Mom says, answering my thoughts. "Go ahead and relax there for a bit, while me and your dad get dinner ready," she says sweetly, and leaves the room. I know I just woke up from a coma, but I could do with a nap. I lay down on a night-themed bed in the corner of what is now my room, and remember the book in my hand. I place it on a table beside the bed. I pull the starry covers over me and take a quick look around the room, hugging my duck plush. There's a closet, a toy chest, a shelf, and a chest of drawers. The shelf was bare, so I assume the rest is too, save for the digital clock on the bedside table by my book. Probably an unused room that they'd cleaned before I got here. I close my eyes, and the uneasy feeling of my conscious slipping, as it had done in the process of my arrival to reality, takes over.

     "Come down, Y/N! Dinner's done!" I hear a voice call out. It's my mom. I set my duck plush down on my bed, it's black fade tipped wings spreading to its sides. I get out of my room and head downstairs. My new family is seated at a table in the kitchen, which I hadn't noticed earlier. Mom waves and pats a seat next to her, signaling for me to sit. I do so, and look down at the food. I was surprised to see that is was f/f (favorite food). "Now that Y/N's here, we can start eating," my mom says.

     "Thank you," I murmur quietly, not used to eating around others, or having my food made for me. 

     "Don't worry about it," my dad says. I nod and start eating. Having not properly eaten in a while had quite the effect on me, as I devoured the food. "My, you must've been starving."

     "Sorry," I say, embarrassed. I feel the heat rise to my cheeks and look away, a little afraid. 

     "You shouldn't apologize," my mom comforts me. "It's alright, especially considering what you've been through." I feel reassured, and look back towards everyone else. "Well, since you're done, you can go ahead and place your dishes in the sink now," Mom tells me. I take my plate to the sink and start washing it. It feels rude to leave my dishes in the sink for those who feed me to have to wash. I finish up and place them on the drying rack, and walk back up to my room. I suppose I could occupy myself with the book I have. I move my plush and sit on the bed, grabbing the book off the table. I set the plush, who I've decided to name Amber, on my lap. I look at the book's title, f/b (favorite book). I open it up and begin reading.

     Some time passes. I'm very invested in this book, every quality about it intrigues me. I hear the door open, and my attention snaps back to my surroundings. The girl from earlier looks through the door nervously. 

     "Sorry for interrupting your reading, Mom and Dad wanted me to tell you something," she says.

     "That something would be?" I ask, seeking a good reason for having to stop reading. 

     "We're going out tomorrow to get some stuff for you," she answers. I hum in response, and she leaves the room. Just as I'm about to continue reading, I notice it's late, and that I need to sleep. As much as I'd like to continue, I'll need my energy for tomorrow. I begrudgingly set my book down, and go to sleep.