2: Shopping

I wake up to the girl, Alyssa, prodding me in the side of my head.

     "Ah! Sorry, I just wanted to make sure you were up!" she says, then runs out of the room. I get up and start walking downstairs with Amber. Again, my family is seated at the table. I walk over and sit in the same spot as yesterday. My mom nudges me to start eating, and I do so. I even made sure Amber got some. This time, my mom tells me I don't have to wash my dishes, and that she'd do it for me. I politely shake my head, and wash my dishes. after putting them on the drying rack, I feel Alyssa tugging my hand. "Come on, we're gonna go soon, so let's brush our teeth!" she says. I follow her to the upstairs bathroom and she hands me a toothbrush. I wash it and put some toothpaste on it. There are two sinks, so we both brush at the same time. Once we finish, we go downstairs and see that our parents are waiting by the door for us.

     "Let's go kids!" Dad says. We all get in the car and he starts driving.

     Dad pulls into a parking lot for some kind of store. It's just called "Clothing Store". We all get out of the car and walk into the store. The store has many aisles, shelves, and racks of clothing. I keep staring until I feel my mom grab my hand. 

     "Alright, Y/N, let's go find some clothes for you," she says, taking me to the kid section. In there, many racks hold clothes of many colors, patterns, and pictures. "You can check this section." I look to Mom, and see her pointing to an area with clothes, probably of my size. I walk over and start choosing some decent, but inexpensive clothes. When I finish, I walk back to her and look up. 

     "Can we please get these ones?" I ask. 

     "Of course, dear," my mom says, smiling and taking the basket. "Let's go pay now."

     Once we finish, Dad takes us to another store. It's pretty simple, and it's smaller than the clothing store. However, it's much more fascinating. I spot shelves full of books, and instantly go over to them. The shelves here are tall. Signs mark the different genres. Eventually, I'll finish my book, so it'd be a good idea to have other books. I go to the f/g (favorite genre) section, and pick out 5 books that looked cool. Alyssa comes in the aisle, panting.

     "Geez, you shouldn't just run off!" she says. I give her an apologetic look, and she glances at the books I'm holding. "Ooh, you like this kind too?" She sounds excited as she says that. "I love reading, but I can't focus on it during the day, so I have to find a way to sneak some reading time at night." I didn't take her to be the kind to enjoy books. I thought she'd enjoy drawing and playing with stuffed toys more. Before I can ask, she grabs my hand and drags me somewhere else.

     "Hey! Stop!"

     She doesn't stop until we get to a section with bags and school supplies. 

     "Sorry, Mom and Dad needed you to get some school stuff and a backpack," she apologizes. I huff and start looking. I got a f/c (favorite color) backpack, basic school supplies, and a small bag for personal stuff. By the time I'm done, our parents finally catch up. 

     "Goodness, thought you'd run away for a second!" Dad says, relieved. We apologize and then he pays for the stuff. After that, he takes us home.

(Just a little filler chapter.)