4: Christmas

(rhebwsidj I'm so sorry for being inactive also if you celebrate something else you can imagine that instead, it's just easier to write cuz my family does it)

     I wake up, the window showing that it's still dark outside. I initially thought that it meant it was still night, but someone told me that winter was just a darker season. The sun rises later and sets earlier. My family is probably still asleep, so I stay quiet while getting ready. I go to the bathroom and brush my teeth,  the minty taste lingering after I finish. I walk back into my room and start looking through my closet. It's pretty cold, so I grab a soft, pear green sweater and slide it over my black T-shirt. I also change into some comfortable, dark grey pants. Just as I'm finished changing, I hear quiet footsteps. That's probably Alyssa, excited for Christmas. I think she likes because people typically give each other gifts for the occasion, but my old family didn't do that. We would make food, or treats, for each other instead. It was the one day we'd all get along. I forgot to make gifts for my family, so I decide to make everyone breakfast. Walking downstairs, I hear Alyssa walking behind me. I turn around to look at her, and she stops, putting her hands up.

     "Alyssa, what are you doing, following me like a creep?" I ask her. She slowly lowers her hands and opens her mouth to try and explain. She doesn't know how to explain herself and instead sighs. I roll my eyes and walk into the kitchen. I start heating up milk on the stove while making some pancakes. I make 3 pancakes for each of us, and plate them. I then take the pot off the stove and pour the milk into 4 separate cups. My mom recently bought a pack of peppermint hot cocoa packets, so I use that to mix into the hot milk. Once I finish everything, I set up the table and walk back upstairs to see if the rest of them are awake. It sounds like my parents are both changing, so I sit down at the table and wait for everyone. Once they're all done, they look at the table with a look of pleasant surprise. 

     "Y/N, did you make this?" my dad asks. I turn and look at him , nodding gently. 

     "Aw, that's so kind of you!" my mom sweetly says to me. I feel myself flush in embarrassment. No one's ever thanked me for something like this. My parents and Alyssa sit down and start eating. They eat some of the pancakes with the hot cocoa, looking satisfied with what I've made. 

     "Wow, you're so good at cooking!" Alyssa exclaims, in a very childlike manner. I finish my own food as fast as I can, cleaning my dishes and putting them on the rack to dry. My family finishes soon after, and I wash their dishes. "Mom, dad, can we open our presents!" Alyssa excitedly says. 

     "Always so enthusiastic," my dad chuckles, ruffling her hair. "Of course, sweetie." Alyssa jumps excitedly and rushes to the tree. The tree is heavily decorated, with bright lights and many shining ornaments. Several presents surround the base of the tree, each one tagged with a name. She's already sitting near a stack of presents apart from the others. Our parents walk over and sit down nearby, opening their own presents. They make sure to hand me both of my presents so that I could open them. I cautiously open my presents, still a little skeptical. The first one, from Alyssa, contains a f/g book. She seems to notice my eyes light up, because she stops tearing her presents open and turns to face me.

     "I saw it at my school's book fair, and thought you'd like it!" she says. I look at her appreciatively, and she goes back to opening presents, understanding my message. I set the book aside and begin opening my other present. It's from my parents, and it's a fairly small one. Inside it was an iPhone, along with a note. 

     "We already set it up, your password is ******, and our contacts are in there, just in case you need to call. Love ya :D" That's what the note read. My parents look at me and smile gently. I smile back, thankful for them. Since it seems like they're still opening presents, I quickly put my things upstairs, grab Amber, and run back down. By time I'm there, everyone's finished and beginning to clean up. I help clean, and soon all the wrapping paper is thrown away. My mom pulls me aside, and I look at her questioningly. 

     "So, a group of kids claiming to be your friends came over yesterday," she says, "and they wanted me to give you this." She hands me a small, plain box. I open it and find a daisy hair clip, a picture, and a list with all of their numbers. She walks away, and I arrange each of them in my contacts before I forget. As I'm about to look at the picture, my dad calls everyone over for a family picture, and I hastily set my stuff down on a stool. I rush over and get in position. The light flashes quickly, and the picture is taken.

(Sorry that the special chapter was short [and late], here's the pictures though! If you can't read the words in the pictures I have them typed out.)

(I'm sorry I can't do those long ahh legs)

Dad didn't make it in time for the photo - Alyssa

(I tried the hands, I probably shouldn't have lol)

Y/N, have a great Christmas! - Lily, Andrew, Poppy, and Cody

Moments before disaster

I'm done with the hands

You're freaking heavy - Lily, Andrew, and Cody

(The floating person is invisible to them)

Also I forgot the eye colors I'm so sorry-