3: School

"I don't want to go!"

     "C'mon, Y/N, you have to!" Mom says. Today is my first day of 6th grade. Since Alyssa is 2 years younger than me, she doesn't go to this school. There won't be anyone I know. I have to go, though, not having friends isn't my only worry. I nervously step away from my parents, and onto the school grounds. The school is pretty open, with some of the buildings only connected by roofed paths. Most of the kids are in groups, talking to one another. Some leaned against poles, reading books, looking on their phones, or just relaxing. I take a seat under the large tree, and open up f/b. I left off on this exciting part, and I'm eager to see it. Unfortunately, the bell rings, and everyone begins walking in. Being new here, I follow, hoping to find my way through.

     I check my class schedule. First I have ELA. A number is next to the class name and teacher, so I wander the halls. Eventually, I get to the building with a range of numbers that includes my class number. I find it just in time as the bell rings. 

     "Okay, class, pick a seat! These seats will only be for this week," the teacher says. I hurry to a desk in the far corner, and sit farthest from the teacher. The desks are grouped together, with 4 in a group. I silently pray that no one will sit here, but someone takes the desk across me. "Today, we'll be doing introductions, and About Me!" the teacher enthusiastically says. They pull up a slideshow, probably to introduce themselves. I focus on the words, and shut out anything people are saying. I don't want to hear my tablemate right now. All I should need to know about the teacher is their name, so I stopped caring after seeing it. "Ms. Thomson." Okay. I'll just read until it's time for the "About Me" thing. However, the person across me decides to try and, ugh, socialize with me. 

     "So, what's your name?" they ask. However, I have to respond. I'm antisocial, not rude.

     "It's Y/N," I respond, making sure to sound unwilling so they'll leave me alone.

     "Nice name! I'm Keith." I finally decide to look up and see who I'm talking to. I see a boy, a little taller than me, staring. I start feeling uncomfortable in the gaze of his dark green eyes. Despite the fact that he's smiling, I get a less than friendly vibe from him. "So, do you enjoy doing anything after school?" My brain decides to fail me, and I just stare back at him. "Hello?" He waves his hand in front of my face, trying to snap me out of whatever daze I'm in. 

     "Ah! Sorry, what did you say?" I finally respond, trying to play it off as spacing out rather than poor social skills. 

     "Uhm, I just wanted to know if you have any hobbies or stuff of the sort," he says. 

     "Well, I enjoy-" I cut off at the sound of the teacher's voice. 

     "Okay class, let's start on the About Me assignment!" she says. I look back towards the board, and see that her slides have been replaced by a Google Classroom assignment page. "Go grab a computer and begin your slideshow." Everyone stands up and grabs a computer. I awkwardly shy away from the mass of people and speed walk to my seat. As I open my computer, I slump and stare at it intensely, looking focused to keep Keith from talking to me. I look at the assignment the teacher just posted. I always hated these. Making slideshows with information about you. How much do my classmates really need to know about me? Surely knowing my name is enough. All we have to do for the rest of the class is finish our slides. I make sure to be as unspecific as possible. When the bell finally rings for next class, I run out quickly so I'll have more time for aimless wandering. Next class is science, which I happened to pass by on the way here. I get to my science class quickly, and see something written on the whiteboard.

     "Pick your seat for today." It says. I find a seat near the back of the class, and set my things down. I decide to just sit and wait for the bell to ring. Once the bell rings, I notice a door open from behind the teacher's desk, and he walks out. He just looks like a generic mad scientist, with the large lab coat, excessively spiked out gray hair, and lab googles. I don't even care to listen to him introduce himself, I just REALLY need to get through the exciting part. I spend almost all the time reading, save for self introductions and packing up. I was so glad that no one interrupted me, I might've beat them for the next 10 minutes using my plush. 

<<This block is an elective class, imagine whatever class you'd like here>>

     After lunch, I gathered my stuff and went to put everything away in my locker. My last class of the day was P.E., and I'm almost 110% sure we don't need binders. After managing to stuff all of my nonsense in the locker, I walk to P.E, not really caring that I'll be late. Once I finally get to the gym, everyone turns to look at me. I see that they're in the middle of laps. The coach signals to everyone to continue running, and walks to me. 

     "You're L/N, right?" the coach asks. I look up and give an awkward nod, not used to people using my last name. "Okay, come here then," the coach says, walking off and signaling for me to follow. I awkwardly trail behind him into his office. "So, your family informed me of your past experiences, and wanted to make sure you're comfortable here at school." I look down at my feet, embarrassed. I know they only mean the best, but it's still weird for others to know about it. "You shouldn't feel embarrassed about it, that was serious." He seemed to understand a bit about how the situation was for me, which was a relief. "So, if there's anything that makes you uncomfortable or reminds you of it, just let a teacher know, okay?" I look back up at him and nod, not feeling ready to speak. "Great, you can go back out, I have a couple things to finish." I stand up and walk back to where everyone else is. They've all stopped running and are now gathered in groups, talking to one another. I couldn't exactly just walk up to a group and start talking like we're old friends, so I head to a corner and sit. I don't plan on doing anything much.

     "Hello!" a cheery voice calls. I look up, seeing a girl with black hair and pink dyed tips.

     "Uhhhh, hi?" I say, nervous about having to talk to someone.

     "Do you want to be my friend? c:" she asks, smiling. Straight to the point, I guess. With her overall cheery personality and slightly unnerving smile, I don't know how long I'd be able to hang around her. Of course, it can't be any worse than hanging around myself. 

     "Ah, sure, I guess?" I respond, currently questioning the life choices that have led me up to this point. 

     "Yay! Wanna play tag?" she asks. I'd have preferred to play catch, but tag is okay too. I give her a gentle nod, and she grabs my hand, pulling me towards a group of people. I was caught by surprise, stumbling as we got closer. Suddenly, she stops running. 

     "Jeez, could've given me a warning before doing that," I say, rubbing my wrist gently. 

     "Ah- sorry," she says, turning towards me and awkwardly smiling. "Anyways, these are my friends!" She signals to the 3 people standing near us. They all looked at me curiously. 

     "Hey!" one of them says, waving at me and smiling in a friendly manner. I wave back, suddenly too nervous to speak. "Did Lily forget to introduce herself before dragging you here?" they ask me. I nod, and they turn to look at the girl who dragged me here. "Okay, I'll introduce us then. I'm Andrew, the one who dragged you here is Lily, that one's Poppy, and the kid who's suddenly hiding behind me is Cody." I look at all of them. (I'm lazy so I'm not gonna describe a lot) Andrew has messy, white hair and light gray eyes. I get a closer look at Lily, and see that her eyes are hazel. Poppy had heterochromia, with her right eye being green, and her left eye being purple. Her hair was lavender colored, and pretty long too. She put it into a braid, with a few loose strands sticking out. Cody's hair was neater than Andrew's, smoothed down a bit. His hair was blond, and his eyes were a very dark brown. 

     "Nice to meet you all, I'm Y/N," I say, finally introducing myself. "Anyways, I thought you brought me here to play tag?" I ask, looking back towards Lily. 

     "Ah! I forgot about that!" she exclaims. "Everyone, follow me!" We all follow here and she takes us to a clearer area of the gym. She chooses Cody to be it and tells him to count to 5 before chasing us. All in all, playing tag with them was fun, and I even felt a little sad when school ended. 

(I'M SO SORRY FOR ALMOST NEVER UPDATING. I WISH I COULD SAY I'LL UPDATE MORE OFTEN IT'S REALLY HARD WITH NO MOTIVATION AND ENERGY. ALSO IDEK WHERE I'M BRINGING THIS BOOK)