chapter ten- Snow

They were going back to school, much to Damon's displeasure. He would rather throw himself off a cliff than be sat in the back of Bella's tuck with a cigarette in his mouth. One ear phone in and the other dangling.

He was dressed in all black jeans along with a plain black top paired with his black converse, leather jacket, his silver chain on show , and silver rings.

As he waited for his siblings, Charlie had asked him not to ride his bike today, seeing as it was icy all over the streets and road.

Seeing the worried look on his fathers face made him agree.

Damon raised an eyebrow at Hardin, who walked out of the house in his normal attire, but what made him confused was the largely oversized jacket.

"It's Emmet's." Hardin told him as he saw his twins face. "He gave it to me over the weekend."

Damon's mind raced with thoughts, practically kicking himself for not noticing that Emmet had been around his brother.

What if something went wrong?

And he hasn't been there.

Damon was too caught up in... no. That didn't matter. He should have been there.

Damon needed to have a word with the taller boy.

"He didn't do anything, right? Like he was nice with you?" Damon questioned, throwing the finished cigarette when Hardin came closer, knowing the smell made him feel sick.

He moved to the side, allowing Hardin to lean against the truck. "He was nice. Funny too, me made me laugh a lot. We only bumped into each other at the store it wasn't a date." Hardin grinned before looking at his twin. "He said he needed to ask you before asking me on a date."

Damon looked at his twin, who nodded as if saying it's true.

The older twin hummed in approval, nodding his head. Maybe Emmet was a good one. Still didn't mean he wasn't going to threaten to kill him.

"You like him?" Damon asked softly. He looked down at his brother, who stared up at him with eyes full of guilt, as if he felt sorry for liking him.

Hardin did feel guilty. He knew Damon's worry and paranoia would make he lose control. He knew Damon couldn't control his temper a lot of the time, which was why his siblings told him everything.

Hardin also knew the reason why Damon was so afraid of him and Bella dating was the fear that they would forget him.

"Yes. I think I do." Hardin said. Staring up at his brother, a small smile on his face.

The older twin looked away for a moment before looking down at the floor. "You know. He's a good guy, and I think he likes you too. I mean, you should see him at lacrosse practice." Damon looked at Hardin, his face lighting with a teasing grin. "He couldn't stop staring at you."