chapter 12- You don't know me

There was a saying,'In dreams we enter a world that's entirely our own

There was a saying,'In dreams we enter a world that's entirely our own.' Dreams could come from any place. They could come from the brain or the heart. Some say that dreams sometimes formed because it was what you secretly wanted.

Damon didn't believe in a lot of things, but he believed in his dreams, for they gave him a moment away from the real world. The world he hated living in, feeling the pain every day.

But Damon didn't dream of things like love or a future. He just dreamed of a better life.

Sometimes, it was silly, but he dreamed of having super speed or something like heat vision like cyclops from. X-men.

So it confused his mind even in his own dream when he found himself standing in front of Rosalie Hale.

It was very dark, and what dim light there was seemed to be radiating from Rosalie's skin. He couldn't see her face, just the woman's back as she walked away from him, leaving Damon in the blackness. No matter  how fast the lacrosse player ran, he couldn't catch up to her; no matter how loud he called, she never turned.

He awoke with a startle. He had never dreamed of a woman like this before. Yes, he dreamed of women from movies or books, like Annabeth Chase from Percy Jackson. He also dreamed of Harley Quinn from the DC universe.

But this, it was different.

After that, she was in Damon's dreams nearly every night, but always on the periphery, never within reach, as if trying to prove to him he could never have her.

The month that followed the accident was uneasy, tense, and weird.

It seemed the Swans were now even more at the centre of attention of the school. Damon felt like a puppet, and the school was watching as he danced on the stage.

Tyler Crowley, the boy who had crashed into them. He seemed to take a new interest in Bella following her around like a lost puppy.

Although that seemed to come to an end when Damon had tackled the boy in the lunch room, the older boy had explained in very clear detail to leave his sister alone. Tyler, even though he was dumb seemed to take the hint.

Damon had thrown the boy around like a rag doll. He was dragged of him by Edward Cullen, who took him outside and gave the boy his cigarettes to calm down.

The Cullen boy had skipped his next class as he sat outside with Damon. They didn't speak, not a word. If anything, Damon found better comfort just in the presence of Edward sitting against him.

Being near him made Damon wonder how no one was concerned about any of the three Cullen's & Hale siblings. It confused him how they seemed to walk away from this clean.

Even when Bella had explained to everyone over and over again, she had done it because the three Swans had talked and explained that they wanted to see if any of the Cullen's would react when they spoke of it.