Michael Latta ( Washington Capitals)

"Hey!" You exclaimed into the phone, a smile on your face as a result of who you were  talking with. 

It was your boyfriend, Michael Latta.  He'd been away for 3 months at his family's house in Kitchener,Ontario and you missed him, a lot. 

"Hey," he said back into the phone, chuckling slightly. 

" I miss you," you continued. 

You heard him sigh sadly on the other end. " I miss you too Y/N, I wish you were here right now.  You would have loved Kitchener. Nice open places. Lots of hiking trails and  walks through nature -  you would have loved it," he replied sadly, clearly missing you  not being with him.  

Suddenly you had an idea!  He wished you were there right now .. hmm you live in Washington and he lives in Kitchener . That's only about 5-6 hours in  a plane,. You could  fly in to see him! If you planned quickly, you could fly in today!  Why hadn't you thought of that before! 

You glanced at your bed side clock that read [6:15 PM}.  Definitely time to pack up and start packing. 

You had been so lost in your  thoughts of your new plan, you hadn't realized that you'd been keeping him on hold for so long. 

"Babe?" his voice cut through the silence, coated with a bit of worry. 

"Oh! um sorry! I was just thinking about something. Anyways, I gotta go, See you lat - I mean talk to you later!" You exclaimed, quickly ending the call. Gosh, you almost gave it away. 

Without any further delay, you called a travel agency and began planning your trip. 

 By 6:45, you had your ticket booked for the next flight to the Kitchener Waterloo Regional Airport  which  boarded at 7:30. Crap! You still had to pack. 

You quickly pulled out a suit case you stored under your bed and grabbed a random assortment of clothes, planning to shop in Canada.  After shoving everything into your small suit case, you grabbed your phone, pulled an overcoat over your pajama's - not bothering to change- and head out . 

After  what seemed like ages, you reached the air port, and in time too. It was 7:05 and the announcer just signaled the boarding of your flight. 

You quickly rushed off to board. Extremely excited and full of adrenaline, just thinking about seeing him again. 

Your time on the flight didn't seem to go by fast enough but you landed   - after what felt like forever. 

Walking into the  Kitchener airport, you debated on whether calling your boyfriend to pick you up or taking a cab. Hmm, it'd be a bigger surprise if you didn't call him and it was like 12:50 so you doubted he'd left to go anywhere. The Cab was what you chose.  

*******************

10 minutes later, you found yourself at the front door steps of your Boyfriend's home. What if he doesn't like that you're here? You thought. What if he's somewhere else.   

All these thoughts ran through your head but you decided to shake them off and just go for it. 

Knock. Knock. Knock.  

You tapped the wooden door three times then waited patiently. You could hear the footsteps of a person as they hurried down the stairs towards the door  - and then the  door was yanked open, revealing your boyfriend. 

As soon as he saw you,  grin spread out on his face and he pulled you in for a hug. 

"Oh my gosh! You're here! I can't believe it ! " He mumbled into your hair. 

You chuckled, rubbing circles on his back.  " Thought I'd surprise you," you answered back. 

After - what seemed to you was a short time - your boyfriend pulled away, but not completely. You were still in his arms, his face just a couple inches from yours . 

He tilted your chin up, making you look directly into his eyes - full of love and adoration and a hint of lust. 

" I love you Y/N, so much. Thank you so much for this surprise, thank you so much for being here," he whispered, bringing his face down so his lips just brushed yours. 

" I love you too Michael. I love you a lot and I'm staying here with you until you need to be here and then i'm going back with you," you replied back.  He grinned widely again and suddenly, swooped you down and captured your lips with his.  

You may not have been with him for the past 3 months but you were with him now and that's all that matters.