Patrick Kane (Chicago Blackhawks)

STRIKE!

"I did it! I got my first strike!" you exclaim, turning back around to Patrick but stop as soon as you see him holding, yet another glass of the - oh so bitter- alcohol, to his lips.

This must be his 9th or 10th glass, his max is 6. He's going to be hung over for sure.

Internally groaning, you walk over to him and pry the glass out from his hands.

"That's enough Pat," you say softly.

"B-b-but I want more," he slurs, trying to get out of the chair but swaying too much to be able to.

You instantly push him back down. " Alright, I think it's time to -" you begin telling him that it's time for you guys to head home but are cut off by him holding his hand to his mouth and running straight for the washrooms.

You wait for him to clean himself up and come back but he never does. 10 minutes, he's still not here. 15 minutes, he's still not back. At 20 minutes was when you decided to go look for him.

You walked through the mass of people and as soon as you got out, you spotted him, once again, at the bar of the bowling alley, with a drink in his hand. Only this time, he wasn't alone.

Oh,no. This time, there was a girl on his lap, running her hand down his arm and him - gripping her butt as he nuzzled his face into her neck.

As if he couldn't hurt you more, he pulled his head out of her neck and gave her a long, passionate kiss on her lips.

You tried to stay strong but you couldn't. You felt every, last bit of your heart breaking. Tears flowed down your cheeks like a waterfall and yet he continued to kiss her, continuously stabbing your heart over and over again. He said he loved you. Looks like he lied.

This was a lesson, you told yourself. A lesson in that you should never give away all of you to someone because that'll give them the power to crush you within seconds, just like Patrick was doing now.

You wanted to get out of there, to never see him again, to forget this night but you couldn't move. You were paralyzed. All you could do was stand there, as the love of your life, made out with another.

Suddenly, you let out a sob - hiccup. This caught his attention. He looked up to see you and his eyes widened in realization. He pushed that girl away quickly and rushed to you. This time, you were able to move and so you ran, but he caught up quickly.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry! I thought that was you! I didn't mean to kiss her! It was a mistake!" He cried out, as he grasped your arm and pulled you back.

"Yeah, it was a mistake. Just like this stupid relationship!" You shouted back.

Pain shot through his eyes and you could see him crumbling on the inside. You hated doing this to him but he hurt you, so much.

Tears began brimming the corners of his eyes but hadn't fallen yet. He let go of your arm and fell to the ground, on his knees.

" I love you so much Y/N. Please. Please don't leave me. I'm sorry! I'll do what ever it takes to win your trust again but please don't leave me! " he cried out and began sobbing near the end. Tears streamed down his face.

" Please, don't leave," he sobbed out again.

You shook your head, no. " I can't do this, you've hurt me too much." And with that, you walked away, leaving behind a man broken and in constant pain and regret of the events of that night.

**1 month later **

You tried to get away from him but he was everywhere. On the news, in the news papers,on the internet. Why? because he wasn't able to concentrate on his game. He was making poor plays, too many icing calls, too many giveaways and just wasn't scoring.