Corey Crawford (Chicago Blackhawks)

You held onto the last picture you took with Corey, on the last date you had, before he went to play in the NHL. 

It was your first kiss with him, on top of a Ferris Wheel during a town Carnival. That day was the best and worst day of your life. The best because you both confessed your feelings for each other, but the worst because that was the day you found out he was leaving.  You used to talk everyday after he left, but slowly, it all faded away. 

You didn't notice you were crying until a couple stray tears fell on the picture. Quickly wiping away your tears with your sleeve, you put the picture back at the bottom of your drawer and decided to go for a run to clear your mind. 

Within minutes, you had your jogging gear on, door locked and you were on your way. 

You ran down a couple blocks to the park you used to hang out at as a little kid.   You jogged a bit around the path that weaved through the park before deciding to take a break and heading towards a park bench. As you got closer, you noticed someone was already sitting on one side of it. That didn't matter, you'd sit on the other side of that bench. 

As you got even closer, the person turned to look at you - they looked awfully familiar... then it clicked. It was Corey. He was here. 

But instead of running to him, you were angered at him leaving for so long and dropping off all communication. You decided to turn and walk away and would have successfully done so, if he hadn't caught up to you and pulled you back.

"Oh my gosh (Y/N)! I missed you so much!" He cried, trying to pull you into a hug, but you stopped it. 

"No Corey, no you didn't. If you did, we'd still be talking, but you stopped after two weeks! You made a promise to always stay in touch, but stopped after TWO WEEKS! Nice going Crawford!" You sneered,pulling away from him.  You were hurt. He made a promise and he broke it - guess he didn't know how much that promise meant to you. 

"I had hockey, I got busy- " he tried to protest but you cut him off by raising your hand to stop him. 

"Yeah, I know, you had hockey. I watched all your games. Point is, I had a life too but I still tried to make as much time as I could, to talk to you, but you couldn't do the same. Too bad I still love you, huh?" You whispered back, in pain. Your heart hurt. 

After moments of silence, you decided it was time to leave.  Once again, you turned around and once again, you were pulled back by him. This time, however- instead of words leaving his lips, his lips joined with yours.   

Both of you put all your heart, affection and pain into this one kiss.  After  a couple moments, he pulled away, much to your disappointment. 

"(Y/N), I love you, I love you so much. I  know this may be too soon since i've just gotten the chance to see you again after so long, but if it means you'll be with me, then i'm going to take a shot," he said, getting down on one knee. 

"Corey, what are you doing, " you asked, slightly confused but nervous and excited at the same time - you were hoping he'd ask the question and that's what he did. 

"(Y/N) I love you - i have all this time. Every night, I went to sleep thinking about you and how much I wanted you there with me. I haven't gotten with any girls - heck no one met my eye because the only girl that occupied my heart was  and is, you. That being said, (y/N), will you do the honour of marrying me? " 

Tears threatened to spill out of your eyes. 

You couldn't speak so you nodded. As Corey stood up, you tackled him into a hug and gave him a passionate kiss before pulling away. 

"Now we can be together. Will you move to Chicago with me?" he asked. 

You grinned from ear to ear. "Of course, Corey, of course!" 

You'd do anything for him and follow him where he wanted you to. You were finally together after so many years - two hears reunited.  

You couldn't wait to venture to Chicago and become, Mrs.Crawford.