3- Her

FARHAN

I was getting annoyed due to the poor connection in this noisy place since I could not attend the meeting that I was supposed to attend. I didn't want to attend this wedding but was kind of threatened to be here by none other than my only best friend Mashreq and here I am with an uneven internet connection and noisy crowd.

I still cannot believe the fact that this dude agreed to get married to this random girl his parents found online by some matrimonial site. They had just met before three months and boom, now they are getting married.

'Bro how could you just agree to marry a stranger like that?' I asked Mashreq.

'She seems fine and pretty too, after all our parents had researched enough about their family and they seem satisfied.' He replied nonchalantly.

I just kept staring at him and wondering what happened to my boy who always believed in the movie type romance.

'Anyway, Farhan I think it's high time even you start searching for a bride and settle down' he said to annoy me more.

'Don't you start being like my family or I would break my connections with you' I deadpanned.

And that's how I landed in Kerala to attend this wedding all the way from London. It seemed I could really use a change of scenario at this point.

I was busy searching for a good network area in the auditorium and to move away from these noisy kid. That's when I heard a scream from nearby restroom and rushed to the source of voice, when I found a young woman was looking terrified with an elder man beside her.

She looked so soft and innocent like a child and I couldn't take my eyes off her. Fear was clearly shown on her face and that's when I brought my attention to his camera focused on her.

That man was standing there recording her when she stood there in drenched clothes looking scared stiff.

I just lost my cool and started beating the shit out of him, women should not be disrespected, they should do not have their privacy invaded, some old flashbacks started coming back and I kept hitting him until I felt someone trying to separate us and the man's face was now swollen due to my punches. People started gathering around us and I just wanted to storm off so I started walking away from the commotion.

I felt someone running to me and heard a soft voice, 'Thanks' she said unsurely.

I just shrugged and had to force myself to keep walking in case I lost my composure again in front of her.

There was something about her that felt strange, not in a weird way but strange enough to spend time with her, protect her. She seemed different, someone like me, I thought to myself.

I knew I had to escape from here before Mashreq and his family starts lecturing me, so I went to get some air. I knew anger was one of my weakest forte and had tried really hard controlling it, but people like him deserved what was coming for them. I sat in a corner and tried my best to calm myself down.

I stopped when I hear a sob and looked to see her again. She had her back turned to me and was crying profusely.

She looked so lost and sad right then. At that moment I just wanted to break the face of whoever made her cry, but realizing I have already done that, I changed my mind cleared my throat indicating she was not alone.

She stopped and just rushed from the balcony without even turning back. I tried to understand her pain, her emotions while trying to smoke away my own problems.

———

'Is it true what I heard Farhan?' Mashreq asked me impatiently.

'What do you mean?' I replied.

'That you hit one of the guests and he is now admitted in the hospital ER.' He said.

I was happy to know that the monster ended up in a hospital but that's not where people like him actually belonged to.

'Are you even listening to what I am saying? Farhan, you cannot go around beating people around here, what if he had filed a complaint?' Mashreq said looking worried.

'He was literally harassing a lady and that's why I hit him, but don't worry I am trying to control it now.' I said quietly.

'Well try harder because I won't be always there for you from now on.' He said and it was a bit harsh but something I needed to hear too.

I won't be able to depend on him anymore for helping me from my problems.

'Don't worry, it won't happen again, and I have it in check also I am really sorry I had upset you, but not sorry at all for hitting that person.' I said smugly and Mashreq just shook his head and left for the Nikah.

Nikah is the main ceremony for Muslim marriage, and it is beautiful procedure where both the groom and bride consent for the marriage in the presence of an imam (a Muslim scholar).

Mashreq shook his hand with the father of the bride as it is a sort of agreement implying that the father is giving his daughter to the husband for eternal protection and care. We made our dua and it was over to the next section.

I saw her again; I really need to know her name now since we keep on bumping to each other. She was sitting there looking intently at something on her phone. She looked mesmerizing in her new outfit which made her even prettier than the first time.

I didn't realize I was staring at her until she suddenly looked straight into my eyes. She looked directly at me, and I could see a lot of emotions rushing in as she raised an eyebrow to me.

Shit, look somewhere else Farhan, anywhere but not her, I thought to myself as focused on Mashreq and his bride. Well, they seem nice together and happy also.

'Isn't she the one who made a mess in the ladies area?' I heard some elderly women speaking to themselves nearby me.

'Yes, She is Maahi and Adil's daughter and she is old enough to have a child but is not even married, can you imagine?!' They said among themselves.

I just stood up and decided I no longer want to be a part of this weird conversation by even listening to it.

'Hey aunty isn't it time you died?!' I heard the bold reply as suddenly all the ladies turned silent in shock. I turned my head to see the one smart enough to shut all these gossip ladies and I found her again.

'ZOYA, what did you tell your elders?!! DON'T YOU KNOW TO RESPECT THEM?' Another lady, I am assuming to be her mom said.

Thats when my phone rang, and I got out of the whole madhouse. At least I got to know her name, so it wasn't a totally waste of time, I thought to myself.

Zoya, what a pretty name for a pretty little girl.

A/N:

Hello dears,

Hope you liked this chapter also as I am not a native English speaker, there might be grammatical errors and spelling errors too which I am trying to work on.

How was Farhan's Pov? There would be more Pov's in the upcoming chapter so stay tuned to find out.

Do vote and comment, if you have any suggestions, please let me know. You can follow me in Instagram if you wish to as @herthoughtsa, and yes to virtual hugs 🫂