13- Mrs. CEO

ZOYA

'YOU ARE ENGAGED TO OUR BOSS?!!' Rohan started as soon as he saw my face in office.

Everyone was giving me the 'looks' and I looked at him to tone it down.

'Yes, it just happened that way' I said.

'But you didn't even tell me or invite me' he said with disappointment in his voice.

'I myself got to know about this proposal recently after I had joined this company. Also, I didn't want any rumors.'

'How did you bag him?' I heard Lisha asking with a small scowl.

'I did not bag him; it was literally done through my parents' I said hoping the questions would soon be over.

'I still can't believe it, one day you are with us and the next day you just became Mrs. CEO' Rohan said still in disbelief.

'I am not Mrs. CEO yet.' I said holding my laughter.

'Congratulations Mrs. CEO' I was interrupted by Meera and a round of other employees who congratulated me and apparently some didn't even know my name.

'Whatever, we have work to do' I heard Lisha say in somewhat spiteful.

What is up with her? I shared a look with Rohan who just returned the same what the heck expression.

-------

'So how was the reaction of everyone here Mrs. CEO?' Farhan asked me as soon as I settled in my seat.

'Happy, I guess. Everyone congratulated me' I said.

'How did they get to know about it? I didn't tell them' I said confused.

'That's the thing with cellphones, they share stuff and....' He started as I interrupted.

'Are you making fun of me? I'm not dumb, I know they saw our pictures but I was wondering how sincere even I didn't get all the pictures, yet'

His expression turned different and I recognized it to be of embarrassment. This one is a first even for the great Mr Farhan Khan.

'WhatsApp status' he said quietly.

'But I didn't see any status' I replied.

'Ok fine, I just uploaded one of our pictures in my WhatsApp status and I hid you so you could not see it' he replied.

'Why did you hide me?' I asked trying my best to look intimidating and not burst into laughter.

'Because I thought you wouldn't like it' he said.

'Ade you serious? Why would you even think that?'

'I just did, please stop talking about it' he said as he tried going back to his work ignoring the existence of me.

------

It was lunch time and after doing half the day's work, I really wanted a break.

'Aren't you coming for lunch?' I asked Farhan.

'Is it already time? Uh, I have stuff to do.... You go, I will just order a sandwich or something' he said still buried in work.

'Okay' I said and left, if he was thinking that I would be persuading him to join with me, boy he was wrong.

'Hey Sis in law' I turned my eyes to see Mashreq smiling while he walked towards me.

'I am not your sister-in-law' I said.

'Yet, but you will be soon' he said with a chuckle.

'I was actually here to meet Farhan about some visa documents, where is he?' He asked.