4- The Call

ZOYA

'ZOYA, what did you tell your elders?!! DON'T YOU KNOW TO RESPECT THEM?' Mom screamed at me hearing my outburst.

Well, it's not my fault that they were talking behind my back when I was literally behind their back, I thought.

'They were gossiping about me, and should I just stand without doing anything?' I asked her and knowing well the reaction I would get is no with a an explanation about respect, culture and elders.

Too bad, I just didn't have the time and energy for that today as I just rushed outside and found Amal.

'Hey sis, please drop me to my house with you, I cannot deal with my mom right now' I said.

'No worries, come in' she said, and we just sat there with each other silently throughout the entire journey.

'Zoya, you know you can tell me anything right? I hope you make up with your mom soon' Amal said and I just nodded.

'Bye, take care and tell Salman I enquired about him' I said, and Amal blushed lightly. She was engaged to Salman who used to be a family friend and now they are totally crazy for each other.

I used to make fun of them growing up, thinking it was just some teenage fling when time changed it to be false. Salman is a really nice guy, and both of them are really lucky to find each other.

I entered the house and just plopped into the bed to just forget about the awful day and its effects.

--------

The next day, I woke up to my phone ringing, and cursing at whoever was calling to disturb my sleep,I picked up.

'Hello?' I said answering with a sleepy sound.

'Greeting, is this Zoya Mehreen talking?' A lady asked and I tried to be as professional as I could when I replied.

'Yes, May I know who this is?' I asked back confused.

'Congratulations, I am calling from Lexux Corp, to inform you that you have been selected for the traineeship program advertised on the website. I have checked your notice period and as it is showing immediate, you can join by this Monday' she said.

I had to hold back my scream as I was happy to hear this. Lexux is one of the leading companies in Cochin with headquarters in Uk. I had applied to this company doubting my chances but still applied. It was too good to be true. I rushed to the dining room to share this news.

'Dad, Mom, I got into Lexux' I said excitedly.

'Is it the one in kochi?' My dad asked looking up from his newspaper.

'Yes, and they said I could join on Monday' I said

'Mashaallah, it's good news' mom said and hugged me.

Well, fights with families are like that, one moment they lecture you and next you are hugging them sharing a big news.

It was indeed, one of the best news I had recently.

I took my phone to text Amal and she was beyond happy for me. Thats why I call her my soul sister since she would always be truly happy for me in my happiness.