Ima: Even If The World Ends Tomorrow

A hospital room is filled with the constant hum of machinery, like the rhythmic beeping of heart rate and the soft whirring of the ventilator. Nurses's footsteps echo in the corridor, obviously interrupted by the squeak of rubber-soled shoes. Occasionally, the sharp clang of metal instruments or the hiss of an IV pump draws a man's attention, reminding him of the clinical environment.

"Love, it's been 5 months. When will you wake up?"

The blonde-haired angel gaze carried a blend of love and sadness, a bittersweet reflection in his eyes. His left hand is adorned with a dazzling engagement ring, the diamond glitters in the soft light, symbolising their shared promise of a future together. While his right hand rests lightly, almost playfully on his growing belly, as if embracing the miracle of life. He took his fiance's hand gently, careless his baby bump.

"Did you feel it? Your child is moving. He misses you, Shua-yah. "

He looked at his fiance connected to his fiance's body, serving as a lifeline to monitor and support their health. Tubes and wires snake from machines to the patient, creating a complex web of medical care. The rhythmic beeping and soft whirring of these devices provide a constant soundtrack, a reassuring reminder of the vigilant care they receive. Amidst this arrangement, the person lies with a sense of dependence, each piece of equipment representing hope and healing. His skin appeared pastry and wan, a visible manifestation of his poor health.

"Shua-yah, I can't live without you. I need you. Every time I slept without you, I felt empty. The warmth that you have given is gone. I almost forgot the feeling. " He chuckled while crying massy.

"This is all my fault. I am the one who should be lying on this ugly and uncomfortable bed. It's hurt to see you with this pale, ugly face of you, "

"It's not your fault, Hannie. He is trying to protect you and your unborn child. You know he loves your child so much that he is willing to sacrifice himself. " Said his cousin, Choi Seungcheol, was lean against the door frame.

"It's late now. You should take care of your health, and the most important thing is your baby." Seungcheol added as he hugged his best friend.

"He will wake up, right? He will not leave me and my baby, right? What if he left -"

"Stop saying nonsense, Yoon Jeonghan! He's not leaving you! I know he is strong, and he will fight for you! All you have to do is you have to stay strong for him, for his child!

"C-cheollie, I miss my Shua." Jeonghan cried on Seungcheol's lower shirt. Seungcheol careless his hair to make sure everything will be okay.

"I know, Hannie. Everyone does. Channie does cry a lot because of his favourite cousin here. Let's go home, Hannie. I will keep updating you about Joshua's condition." Jeonghan nodded and looked at his lover.

"I will visit you again tomorrow. You have to wake up and welcome me and your child with your warm hug, Joshuji." Jeonghan planted a kiss on his pale cheek and cyanotic lips.

"Channie will drive you home. If anything you need, you can ask Chan, alright? " Jeonghan looked at his cousin and nodded.

☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆

"Hyung! Over here!" Chan waved his hand to get Jeonghan attention. He walks closer to the younger and embraces the younger warmly. The younger gently pats on his back as if to offer comfort and support. His tears flowed freely and trailed down his cheeks as he clung to the younger tightly.

"You will be fine, Jeonghannie Hyung. Shua hyung is a fighter. I'm sure when he regains consciousness, he will marry you immediately." The younger joked.