Spirit [2/2]

In the wake of the mysterious circumstances surrounding Jeonghan's comatose state, Joshua delved into the shadows of his lover's past, determined to uncover the truth that had remained shrouded in secrecy.

His investigation led him to a haunting revelation about Jeonghan's mother. A woman with a history of psychological instability, she had intentionally driven her car into Jeonghan three years ago, attempting to snuff out the very life she had brought into the world. Shock and disbelief coursed through Joshua as he pieced together the sinister puzzle that had left Jeonghan suspended between consciousness and a profound slumber.

Further inquiries revealed that Jeonghan's mother had been confined to a mental hospital, deemed unfit to roam free in society. The gravity of the revelation hung heavy on Joshua's heart, as he grappled with the cruelty inflicted upon the one he loved.

Armed with this newfound knowledge, Joshua felt a surge of protectiveness toward Jeonghan. The tendrils of a tragic past coiled around their present, threatening to unravel the fragile threads that held Jeonghan's life in balance.

Determined to understand the full scope of Jeonghan's situation, Joshua sought a meeting with the doctors overseeing Jeonghan's care. The sterile hospital corridor echoed with the muted sounds of footsteps as Joshua approached the doctor's office.

"Doctor, I need to know more about Jeonghan's condition. Why hasn't he woken up, and what can be done to help him?" Joshua inquired, his eyes reflecting a mix of desperation and resolve.

The doctor, a middle-aged man with a demeanor that exuded professionalism, motioned for Joshua to take a seat. "Mr. Joshua, Jeonghan's physical condition is stable. He doesn't show signs of deterioration, but he remains in a persistent vegetative state. We've run extensive tests, consulted specialists, but the underlying cause of his unresponsiveness remains a mystery."

The weight of the doctor's words hung in the air as Joshua absorbed the grim reality. "Is there any hope for his recovery?" he asked, his voice tinged with a quiet desperation.

The doctor sighed, choosing his words carefully. "Recovery is uncertain in cases like these. We can't predict the future, but we continue to monitor his vital signs and explore potential interventions."

Undeterred, Joshua pressed on. "What about waking him up? Is there anything that can be done to bring him back to consciousness?"

The doctor's expression shifted, a hint of empathy in his gaze. "We've tried various stimuli, therapies, and medications, but Jeonghan hasn't shown any signs of waking up. It's as if he's trapped in a realm between wakefulness and deep slumber."

The news weighed heavily on Joshua's shoulders, the frustration and helplessness threatening to engulf him. He thanked the doctor, his mind swirling with unanswered questions as he left the office.

Days turned into nights as Joshua grappled with the emotional turmoil that accompanied the newfound knowledge about Jeonghan's past and the seemingly insurmountable barriers to his recovery. The hospital visits became a routine, a pilgrimage to the silent room that housed Jeonghan's dormant body.

One evening, as Joshua sat by Jeonghan's bedside, he whispered words of love and anguish. "Jeonghan, I've learned about your mother. The pain you've endured is unimaginable. But, my love, I won't let you face it alone."

As the weeks passed, Joshua became a constant presence in Jeonghan's life. He read to him, played his favorite music, and shared the stories of their time together. The hospital room, once a sterile environment, now echoed with the warmth of Joshua's unwavering devotion.

In a moment of vulnerability, Joshua placed a small photo album by Jeonghan's bedside. The pages chronicled their journey, capturing moments of laughter, shared dreams, and the profound connection that transcended the boundaries of the conscious world.