5. Petunia's Surprise & Minerva's UnHiNgEd FuRy

PREVIOUSLY

"To Lyra Potter- the girl who lived" 

Trigger Warning: Slight mentions of abuse(the word) not actual abuse. 

A FEW HOURS LATER: 

Lyra star gazed for a while and then felt hungry, she started to cry at a volume that only a mother couldhear.The Dursleys were sleeping in their beds, when Petunia jerked awake she had an intuition that she neededto wake up. She heard a small voice crying out loud as soon as she did. She went downstairs and openedthe door just to see a small child crying on her doorstep. The child looked barely a year old. Petunia quicklybrought the child inside and warmed her up. She made a bottle of formula milk, she had left over from whenDudley was young. The child stopped crying and drank the milk she was given. Placing her gently in a safecorner of the couch, Petunia got Dudley's crib from the storage(it was in good condition.) and placed thechild in the crib. 

(the crib)

(the crib)

Petunia went to wake her husband up and inform him."Vernon, wake up. I found a baby girl at our doorsteps. In the COLD!" Petunia told Vernon while shaking himawake."Huh, Which sort of heartless monster could just leave a child at a doorstep in the middle of winter," askedVernon who was now wide awake from what he had just heard.(DuMbLeDoRe) 

"There was a letter in her blanket. For now, I have put her in one of Dudley's old clothes." Petunia said asthey walked downstairs. 

"Well, let's see what they have said as an explanation for leaving a child in a cold area," said Vernon.

The letter stated,

 Dear Mrs. Dursley, 

This is your niece, Lyra Jade Potter, daughter of Lily Potter née Evans, and James Potter. Both of them arerecently deceased and you are the only blood-relative alive. They were murdered by a Dark wizard known asLord Voldemort, whose cruelty and violence they had been fighting for years.

 I tried my best to protect them,but, alas, I regret to say that I failed.I must impose this on you to take in Lyra. You may do whatever you want to the girl. Also to take care of thegirl you will be provided with 2008 galleons and 15 knuts per month which is nearly equivalent to 10,000pounds per month from the Potter Trust Vaults. 

Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore,

 Headmaster of Hogwarts, Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot, Supreme Mugwump of the InternationalConfederation of Wizards. 

Back to the world of ALIVE PEOPLE