11. Diagon Alley and The Hogwarts Express

PREVIOUSLY:

The owl hooted once more, as if in celebration, before it gracefully took flight and disappeared into the night. Dudley held his acceptance letter close to his heart, knowing that the adventure of a lifetime awaited him at Hogwarts, and that he would continue to make his family proud in this new chapter of his life.

As the day of Dudley's trip to Diagon Alley approached, the excitement in the Dursley household reached a fever pitch. Dudley had received his list of school supplies and was eager to embark on his magical journey. Lyra, who was a bit younger and had never been to Diagon Alley, was filled with curiosity and anticipation. She couldn't wait to explore this wondrous place that her brother had talked about for months.

On the day of the trip, the entire family, including Rebekah, gathered in the living room. Dudley was dressed in his best Muggle attire, ready to make the journey to the hidden magical shopping district. Lyra, on the other hand, was brimming with enthusiasm, her eyes wide with wonder.

Rebekah, who was well-versed in the magical world, played a vital role as a guide. She helped ensure that Dudley's first visit to Diagon Alley was smooth and successful. After all, the bustling, enchanting marketplace could be overwhelming for a first-timer.

Vernon, always pragmatic, had made a list of the supplies they needed to purchase, while Petunia kept an eye on Lyra, making sure she stayed close and didn't get lost in the bustling crowds. Dudley was given his school funds in the form of Galleons, Sickles, and Knuts, which he held in a bag specially designed to accommodate wizarding currency.

As they approached the Leaky Cauldron, the entrance to Diagon Alley, Lyra's eyes grew wider with amazement. She watched in awe as Rebekah tapped a specific brick, revealing the hidden entrance to the magical shopping district. The sight of the cobblestone streets, filled with witches and wizards going about their business, was like something out of a fairy tale.

Rebekah led them to various shops, where Dudley acquired his books and then a few more books, cauldron, and all the other necessities except his wand and robes for his upcoming school year. Lyra was entranced by the magical wares on display and the vibrant atmosphere of Diagon Alley.

Dudley and Lyra, were headed to Ollivanders, the famous wand shop in Diagon Alley. Dudley was excited but also a little nervous about finding the perfect wand for his magical journey at Hogwarts. Lyra, who had already been to Ollivanders when she got her own wand, was there to provide support and guidance.

As they entered the dimly lit shop, they were greeted by the curious and searching gaze of Mr. Ollivander, the wandmaker. "Ah, young Mr. Dursley, I've been expecting you," Ollivander said with a knowing smile.

Dudley took a deep breath and approached the counter. Lyra stood by his side, offering her encouragement. "Don't worry, Dudley," she whispered. "Mr. Ollivander will help you find the perfect wand. Just be yourself."

Mr. Ollivander began bringing out various wands, each one unique and filled with magical potential. Dudley tried several wands, but none of them seemed to respond to him. He could sense the restlessness and frustration building within him.

Lyra, observing Dudley's struggle, couldn't stand seeing her cousin upset. She decided to step in and offer a helping hand. "Mr. Ollivander, may I?" she asked politely.

The wandmaker, intrigued by Lyra's request, nodded and handed her a wand. She turned to Dudley and said, "Hold out your hand, Dudley."

With Lyra by his side, Dudley extended his hand. Lyra waved the wand gracefully, and a soft, warm light emanated from the wand's tip. It danced around Dudley for a moment before returning to the wand. A content smile played on Mr. Ollivander's face.