Chapter 17

"Musta na, Thraia? Is everything going well?" Hina asked on the telephone. I could hear some background noise but dahil 'yon sa nagdidilig si Harold ng mga halaman na tinanim nila o binili.

"Well..." I can't explain what was happening today. I'm still worried about the words they recorded.

I don't want to lose Anna and be like Maria. Ikamamatay ko ang pagkawala ni Anna dahil lang sa isyung pampolitika at hindi makitang alitan mula sa dalawang pamilya.

"Everything is going well, so there's no need to worry" I lied. I'm sorry Hinata, you know that I needed your help but I had to hide this.

Dahil ayokong madamay ka rin sa kasakiman ng mga Alvarez.

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

"Aalis ako Rose ah, chat mo ako kung may ipapautos ka sa akin, and I'm willing to oblige" aba, grabe naman paalam nito.

But in the end, I said my thoughts in my brain. "grabe ka naman magpaalam, hindi ka naman mamamatay" tawa ko kasabay ng pagtawa rin niya sa tinuran ko.

Pero may huli siyang sinabi. "malay mo this would be the last" This would be the last? What does she mean by that?

Anna likes to say something na akala mo huli na ang lahat. Pero ika nga niya.

This would be the last.

Malay mo, unti-unti na siyang tinutugis ng mga tao ng mga Alvarez dahil sa witness na 'yon.

"Anna..." I muttered. Lumapit ako sa pintuan at niyakap ko siya. "be careful"

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

The aroma of onions and garlic fills the room. Mabango siya pero not recommended upang gawing diffuser. I'm cooking adobo na siyang paborito ko.

I'm trying to have a healthy lifestyle, far from before. I've been trying to prevent myself from puking.

Labis akong nagpapasalamat kay Anna at Joshua because they're the only reason why I am trying my best to be the best version of myself.

I can't afford to lose them. And once it happens, I don't know what will happen to me soon.

Ginawa ko na ang proseso ng pagkain habang nagpapatugtog. My passion is still burning like a flame and I test the instrumental version of my new single.

Ilang linggo nalang, concert ko na.

Marami rin ang nakabili ng ticket para sa aking concert, and I won't disappoint them.

From the producers and directors, cameramens, and the support I got, I knew that I can make it.

I've faced so many concerts, I've faced so many fans, who are different people with different personalities and experiences.

And one of the fans who got the chance to held my hand is none other than... Joshua Reeves.

And this time, I would like to hold his hand again and dance to the stage with him.

With him, I felt like the stars collided with me. It feels like time stopped and we are the only ones moving despite everything freezes.

It's like I want to be with him for eternity.

I love him... And I'll do everything in my power to protect him.

Even if it means I have to sacrifice my riches.

•❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

Two weeks later...

Everything went according to the plan, from the stadium, to musical ensembles which is the band, and audiences and productions.

Everything was made sure na walang sakuna ang mangyayari dahil sa security. Nagpadala rin si papa ng ilang bodyguards to protect me.

Anna and Joshua also bought tickets and lucky for them, first row pa sila ng stadium.

I observed the stage and the venue. I realized gaano kadami ang um-attend ng concert ko.

I dreamt of being known in Hollywood, and they're making my dream come true.

I'm wondering if there are journalists or reporters who are making articles about this.
Sounds like a narcissist, right? Pero ipinagmamalaki ko ang aking narating, at hindi ako nagmamayabang.

Matindi ang trabaho ng security dahil marami talagang nagsipunta, and papa even wants me to reserve the political parties in the front seat but I disobeyed.

Ayokong maging unfair sa lahat, na sila nasa unahan tapos sila lang pwedeng gumagap sa kamay ko, habang ang iba na gusto man lang ako maka-meet or greet o mahawakan ang kamay ko ay hindi magkakaroon ng chance na makikilala ang kanilang iniidolo.

But still, I still let them do some of security tasks kahit pa ayaw nila dahil hindi ko ginawa gusto nila.

While the Sariaya is responsible for the security, the Alvarez are responsible for the stage I'm standing. They make sure there were no creaks or anything that would make me fall— all to save me from public humiliation.

Nakapasok na ang iba at nakahanap na ng kanilang mauupuan. I saw Joshua and Anna in the first row, as usual, nakatayo lang. I smiled at the two, and Anna stood up to help the security.

Dumadagsa na rin ang mga tao, and it came to me na ilang minuto nalang ay magsisimula na ako.

From prayers to greetings, to using my voice to its extent, and farewell after that.

Tatlo hanggang limang oras ang aabutin ng concert and although gusto kong i-extend ang oras but I am considering the young fans of mine na may mga pasok rin.

Nang kumpleto na ang lahat, ay nagsalita na ang speaker for a prayer.

"Lord God, gracious and merciful, we pray for their strength, and the strength of their families and loved ones. We ask that you continue to cause them to create and share the gift of music through instrument and voice. May they find joy in their work and may it fill them with peace, comfort and purpose."

"Amen" I mumbled. We did the sign of the cross at binati sila. After that, we started the program and the music and vibe became colorful dahil rin sa mga flashlights and personalized lightstick for me.

The beat and jazz of music filled the entire stadium, the waves of vibration traveled through our system as I sing to the beat and the band is playing their instruments well.

I feel like a star...

Those flashlights in different colors, the screams of joy from the people who are here today... And my beating heart...

It's so beautiful.

"My latest single weary with sorrow will be out on next month. I'm hoping for you all to enjoy the deep meaning of the song. Sa mga malulungkot at may pinagdaraanan, I hope my songs were enough to heal your bruised hearts" I announce, and everyone cheered, swinging their lightsticks that creates a lambent motion.
I was singing and riding the flow of the rhythm of the beat and their voice when suddenly...

Napasigaw silang lahat!

And I saw my hand... They were...

Blood... It smells like...

PIG BLOOD!