Prologue

The old, splintering grandfather clock chimed twelve times, the day signalising that it was November 1st, 1981. The grandfather clock had never bothered Constance, felt it calming even; yet on this fateful day, there had been a change in her life.

The constant crying bounced off of the dark walls, aggravating anyone nearby. Only no one was nearby. Her father, Tom Riddle, had left on business. He had always been a dark, mysterious man. Often people were over almost everyday, speaking in hushed voices and stopping when they heard the slightest change in noise.

The clock had finished its repetitive song, then followed with a new song. Someone was at the door at twelve in the morning, maybe someone had heard Constance's calls for her father.

The person at the door had given up. Time passed slow, causing Constance to fall back asleep.

It was nearing dawn, the slow peak of the sun was barely above the horizon. The slow footsteps on the creaky floor were ever so delicate. The cloak that kept all mysteries at bay was draped around the hidden figure.

As if it was magic, Constance slowly disappeared from view. It seemed to be the work of a cloth, the small tassels dancing across her face.