𝟎𝟏 | 𝐨 𝐧 𝐞

IRENA'S POV
c h a p t e r  o n e

september 2023

𓆩♡𓆪

My heart clenched in my chest as I slowly ran out of breath in my lungs.

He wouldn't stop, like a machine running automatically, throwing sharp and quick punches my way. His fists moved seemingly faster than light, and my dodging felt like programmed into me, not thinking much of what I was doing. Unfortunately, I couldn't just continue dodging forever, so I set my eyes on the target: his pancreas. One kick to push air out of his lungs in order to destabilize him and buy myself an opportunity to lock him in a tight grip, back kissing the floor.

"You're getting weak Irena! Focus on me!" he yelled, his voice ringing in my mind like a bell.

I quickly readjusted myself out of the cycle of defense, and I started a counterattack. When I didn't shoot for his pancreas, I was trying to destabilize his movements and body and knock him out on the floor, or to at least back him into a corner. He seemed to back away from me though, heading towards the wall without even noticing. The best thing I could do now was to keep backing him against the wall, which I did. Eventually, he hit the hard concrete wall, and accidentally exposed his pancreas. My reflex already went in for the punch, quickly knocking the air out of his lungs to which he folded. All I had to do was push him face down, sit on his back and put his hands in my grip.

Walker was panting, basically begging for breath, cheek against the soft patted floor as I held his hands behind his back.

"This is special agent Svilenski, you're under arrest."

As soon as those words left my mouth, it was like a boulder rolled off of my shoulders. I nearly collapsed on top of him, but got off so he could get up and I could rest on the floor. Violent coughing followed as I felt despreate for water, while agent Walker got up without much effort and opted for giving me my water bottle.

I stared up at him when he handed me the bottle. "Good job, agent Svilenski. You have officially passed the intelligence training manual." agent Walker smiled at me as I sat straight and drank half a liter in a matter of seconds.

"Thank you, sir." I panted and tried to regain control of my breathing.

Special agent Garrett Walker definitely didn't look his age, as someone in his mid thirties usually wouldn't look this much like a university varsity athlete. But oh man, he was as strong as at least ten on them. His dirty blond hair seemed brown now that it was coated in sweat, and his best attributes were severely enhanced in that grey spandex shirt. The water definitely couldn't remedy my thirst.

"Now that you're officially done with training," he spoke in his deep, husky voice, "I'd ask you to attend a meeting with me at my office to discuss further details on the mission. Would tomorrow at 8am be alright with you?" a meeting? At his office? Fuck, I was ovulating too much today it seems. I shouldn't think such stupid things.

"Sounds great, sir." I got up and let my hair loose out of the tight high ponytail that was giving me a headache.

He smiled at me, which I never found myself used to seeing. "All is settled then. Have a good night, agent Svilenski."

"Good night, agent Walker!"

...

Walking over to the headquarters was no walk in the park after such an intense sparring session yesterday. My muscles were hurting and sore so much I debated on rescheduling the meeting. But that would be unprofessional, especially after I begged for this job. The United States capital was in a rush, like always, so it was miracle that I made it just in time for the meeting.