XI.

She wakes up shivering.

There's a breeze of cool air coming right through the open window, sending chills all over Hanni's body.

She runs her hands over the sheets, feeling around to find the blanket, trying to keep her eyes closed, trying to stay sleepy. But she can't find the blanket, so eventually she opens her eyes and blinks against the light coming through the curtains that she forgot to close last night-

Minji is gone and Hanni jolts awake in seconds.

The blanket is at the end of the bed. She quickly grabs it and wraps it around her naked body.

Fuck. She left already.

For some reason, it makes Hanni's breathing uneven. She bites her lip. Hard. She stares at the empty space beside her, then reaches out under her pillow to grab her phone. Her fingers shake a little as she unlocks the screen. No messages. She runs a hand through her hair, trying to ignore the heavy feeling in the pit of her stomach. She curses herself silently for being upset, because what did she expect - it's not like they're actually, like it actually-

She exhales slowly, before pushing the blanket away and getting up. She searches the closet until she finds a pair of black underwear and a t-shirt then she makes her way to the door. Time to get over it. Moving on. Moving on. It's not like it meant anything to her, either...

She's barely put her hand on the door knob, when she stops dead in her tracks as the music reaches her ears. Quick drums, strumming guitars, steady rythm. What the hell are Yunjin and Chaewon up to now?

Or maybe--

She turns to the knob and ooens the door.

"What's the time, well, it's gotta be close to midnight, my body's talking to me, it says time for danger..."

It smells like French toast.

Minji is standing in front if the stove dressed in nothing but her grey sweatpants and one of Hanni's Iron Maiden t-shirts, flipping over the sliced of the French toast. Her hair is a complete mess, bouncing up and down as she dances and sings along to the music.
Chaewon is lying on the couch in front of the TV, and Yunjin is sitting on top of the kitchen counter, holding a spoon out to Minji as a pretend microphone.

Hanni feels so incredibly happy all of a sudden - it's completely, fucking ridiculous, but she doesn't care. She can't keep her eyes from Minji as she shakes her hips to the beat and laughs out loud at something Yunjin says before belting out, "I wanna put on a tight skirt and flirt with a stranger..."

"Good morning." Hanni mumbles as she enter the kitchen, biting her lip in an attempt to hide her crazy smile. Minji spins around right away - tousled hair, wide grin. Hanni can't take her eyes off her for even one second.

"Hey, sleepyhead," Minji says, taking a step in Hanni's direction. "I thought you'd never wake up."

She pulls on the fabric of Hanni's shirt and then leans in and kisses her - as if it's the easiest thing, right in front of Hanni's roommates. A hot shiver runs down Hanni's spine at the bold move. Minji's fingers graze just under the hem of her shirt and Hanni's back hits the kitchen counter, while Minji softly presses into her and-

"CHAEWON, PAY UP!"

Minji breaks away immediately and Hanni can feel herself flush scarlet in less than a second as Yunjin jumps off the kitchen counter and walks over to Chaewon, holding out her hand.

Chaewon groans. "Damn it, not again... I was hoping you'd forget about it."

"I told you they would hook up!" Yunjin screams. "I told you! I told you! Not sleeping together on the first date, my ass!"