CHAPTER 14

Annette's POV:

As I mingled with the church community during a gathering, my eyes caught sight of Pedro. There was something different about him that day, an air of distress that seemed to cloud his usual demeanor. It tugged at my heartstrings, urging me to approach him and offer a comforting presence.

I walked up to Pedro, offering a warm smile. "Hey, Pedro. Is everything alright?" I asked, genuine concern in my voice.

He looked surprised but managed a faint smile. "Oh, it's nothing, Annette. Just a bit overwhelmed with assignments and all."

I could sense there was more beneath the surface, but I respected his privacy. "If you ever need to talk or if there's anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to reach out. Sometimes, sharing the burden can make a big difference."

He nodded appreciatively, and we exchanged a few more words before parting ways. In my heart, I prayed for him, asking God to ease his troubles and grant him the strength to overcome any challenges he faced.

Damien's POV:

Stepping into the therapy session, a mixture of nervousness and anticipation surged through me. Dr. Rebecca greeted me with a warm smile and invited me to have a seat. The room was comforting, with soft lighting and an atmosphere conducive to open conversation.

"Damien," Dr. Rebecca began, "I want you to know that you're in a safe space. Feel free to share what you're comfortable with."

Taking a deep breath, I began to recount my struggles—the sleepless nights, the constant battle in my mind, the weight that seemed to press down on my chest. It was difficult, but with each word, a sense of release washed over me.

We explored various aspects of my life, diving into my past, my relationships, and my feelings. Dr. Rebecca guided me through exercises to manage my anxiety and provided valuable insights to help me cope with depression.

As the session progressed, I felt a glimmer of hope. There was a path forward, a way to heal and grow stronger. It was not an instantaneous fix, but a journey, and for the first time in a long while, I allowed myself to believe that I could find peace within.

Leaving the therapy session, I felt a weight lifted off my shoulders. I knew it was just the beginning, but I was ready to face the challenges ahead. With each step I took on this road to recovery, I was one step closer to finding the light at the end of the tunnel.

Annette's POV:

After the church gathering, I went back home to my room, a sense of fulfillment washing over me. Organizing the church event had been exhausting but incredibly rewarding. I sat at my desk, reflecting on the day and offering a silent prayer of gratitude for the strength to serve my community.

As my thoughts drifted, I remembered seeing Damien at the gathering. He seemed somewhat distant, lost in his own thoughts. I made a mental note to check in on him. Damien was my friend, and I wanted to be there for him just as he had been for me.

Damien's POV:

In the following days, I tried to apply the coping mechanisms Dr. Rebecca had taught me. It wasn't always easy, and there were moments when the darkness threatened to engulf me again. But I held on, reminding myself that healing takes time and persistence.

One evening, as the sun began to set, I received a message from Annette. It was a simple text, asking how I was doing. It touched my heart that she was thinking of me. I decided to be honest with her and share a glimpse of my journey.

"Hey Annette," I began typing, "I had my first therapy session today. It was tough but also a step toward healing and it is because I have been struggling with depression . Thanks for being there for me."

Her reply was swift and reassuring. "You're brave, Damien. Remember, you're not alone in this. We'll get through it together."

I felt a sense of gratitude for having Annette in my life. She was a beacon of support and understanding, a reminder that even in the darkest moments, there's a glimmer of light. With her friendship and the professional help I was seeking, I knew I was on the right path to recovery.

Hey loves hope you are enjoying the story.

Don't forget to like, follow and comment.

QUESTION: Who was the last person to make you cry and why?

MY ANSWER : I can't remember;( but you can share yours :)