The Stranger

A Hour later...

Joel POV...

We continued to follow the Falcon which was leading us into a forest nearby the Crossroads,we both were sweating a lot as we followed the falcon "that bird just keeps going!" Spitz shouted "ya,I can see that" I said when I noticed that the Falcon was being to slow down. "He's slowly down" I said as we came to what looked like a temple inside a  cave,the falcon soon landed onto my shoulder as me,Spitz and Riyu approached the mysterious temple. "Never seen this place before" Spitz said "this place almost looks like the Fire Temple where Kai,the red ninja took the Sword of fire and saved Lloyd the Green Ninja" I said which Spitz looked over at me with a expression that said "I didn't need to know that". "What? I can't help that I'm a Ninja fan" I said as we walked towards the temple. Suddenly some big rocks from the ceiling broke loose and fell down towards us "look out!" I shouted as the rocks fell towards us when suddenly several light blue energy blasts destroyed the rocks into dust. Me and Spitz looked over in the direction of the energy blasts to see it was Captain Riptide along with Typhoon and Asmo "welp,we are so dead" Spitz said as the Captain walked over his expression on his face was pure anger and disappointment. "What did I tell,no....no order you two not to do?!" Riptide said "to leave the base at night" Spitz said "I'm really disappointed with you two" Riptide said "how did you even find us?" I asked "one,you two are really stealthy,two,a stranger helped us find you" Riptide said "who?" I asked. Soon someone in a gray cloak walked over before they lifted off their hood to the reveal the former Prince of Merlopia,Kalmaar.

"Prince Kalmaar?!" I shouted in shock "former Prince,now just Kalmaar" Kalmaar said "b-but you were eaten by Wojira! she was incinerated when Nya destroyed the Wave Amulet,you died!" I said

"Prince Kalmaar?!" I shouted in shock "former Prince,now just Kalmaar" Kalmaar said "b-but you were eaten by Wojira! she was incinerated when Nya destroyed the Wave Amulet,you died!" I said. "I did die,but suddenly in the Departed Realm I was taken out of that realm and put back in this realm,reborned" Kalmaar said "maybe the Merge was the cause?" Spitz said "perhaps" Kalmaar said. "Why were you even in the Crossroads of all places?" I asked "I sensed a special energy,a power that resides in you" Kalmaar said pointing at me "me? there's nothing special about me,sure I can do Spinjitzu,but I don't have powers" I said. "Anyway,ever since I returned from the Departed Realm,I have been watching over you two" Kalmaar said "why were you even sneaking out?" Riptide asked "we were following Zane's Falcon which led us here" I said as the falcon squawked like he was saying "yes". Riptide walked up to the temple examining it "strange,many of my men have been through this area many times,they never told me that there was a temple here" Riptide said "then how is it here?" Asmo asked "the Merge did some strange things to Ninjago,some that are just being discovered" Kalmaar said "I say we go inside,what if one of the Ninja are in there?" I asked "ya,lets check it out,we do need the Ninja back,to help take Imperium down" Riptide said as I opened the wooden doors before we walked in.