Dear Casey,

We're still on the run because, of course, we are. But, now we just don't have Badger with us. We found out that Whittier had snuck a tracking device into his hoverboard, and he offered to leave so that we could all be safe. He headed in the opposite direction than where we were planning to go, just to make sure that it was hard for them to catch us. He's a brave little kid. I know that I've fought with him a bit, but I think we're all just scared right now. I really hope that he's okay, I'm kinda worried about him. I've kinda started to see him a bit as a little brother. An insanely weird little brother with a hoverboard and the ability to run at absolutely insane speeds, but hey, if I can leanr to consider Holiday my sister with all her oddities...I think I can do the same with Badger.

He agreed that he would meet up with us where we were going some time around Christmas when we were planning for him to leave, or rather, he said he was leaving. However, this morning, when we woke up, there was a note on the van that was all crazy and talking about not coming back. Well, he didn't directly say that he wasn't coming back, but it was pretty heavily implied in there, you know. I hope he changes his mind because this is something really serious. I don't know what I'll do if he actually decided that he just wants to leave forever. I mean, it was kinda my fault. I was so mean to him, and I know I was just trying to protect him because he's only a kid, but I really should've been nicer about and not given him so much crap.

We haven't told Birdy yet, though. I don't remember if you ever got to see them together, but if you haven't, I will tell you they are super close. Like, closer than me and Holiday have ever been. It would absolutely crush Birdy if she found out about this. So, we've elected that for now, she can't know. If come Christmas, he isn't back, and he hasn't sent any signs or signals that he's just having trouble reaching us, then we'll tell her. But there's no point in hurting her if Badger doesn't really mean it or if we read his words wrong.

Your Cyrus Anders.