Chapter Eleven

Harry woke up the next day to find himself still in the uncomfortable chair in the Hospital Wing. Harry looked towards Malfoy who was still unconscious. He noticed, however, that the blonde didn't look quite as pale as he had last night.

"Ah Harry, you're up." Startled, Harry turned to see Dumbledore sitting beside him.

"Hello Professor... Why are you here, Sir?" Harry asked while stretching. Note to self, Harry thought, never sleep in a chair like this again, it hurts like Hell the next day.

"I'm here because Professor Snape showed up at my office late last night with five body-binded students. He of course told me what happened. But unfortunately, I still have to ask you personally."

Harry sighed. He really didn't want to have to tell the story all over again. Harry was trying to think of a way to postpone it when an idea came to him.

"Sir? Could I possibly just give you my memory of what happened? It would be easier that way. Plus, then I wouldn't have to keep telling people what happened."

"Of course Harry, that is probably the best way to go about this." The Head Master pulled an empty vial out of his cloak and handed it to Harry. "I always carry one in case I see something that I can't afford to forget later on." Dumbledore explained to Harry, who had given him a questioning look.

Harry took out his wand and put it to his temple, thinking about what had happened in the hidden corridor and afterwards. He stopped just before it got to his and Snape's conversation. Harry didn't know who might be seeing this memory so he didn't want to accidentally expose Snape as a spy. Harry took his wand away from his head and put the long silver thread attached to it in the vial.

"Thank you Harry." Dumbledore said as Harry handed him the memory. "I assume you're staying here?"

"Yeah, I am." Harry said.

"Well, I'm sure that if you get hungry, then Dobby will be quite happy to bring you something."

The Head Master then turned to leave. Before he could get very far, though, Harry called for him not to leave yet. When Dumbledore turned back to Harry, he said, "Dumbledore, Sir, would you please show the memory to as few people as possible?"

"Might I ask why, Harry?"

"Because Malfoy wouldn't tell anyone about this happening. He would rather keep getting beat up then have anyone know."

"Ah, I believe I understanding. He didn't want people knowing Mr. Weasley had been the one to do this to him."

"It's not just about Weasley though... He doesn't want people to pity him, or worse, to see him as weak. He may have changed, but the Malfoy pride has been instilled in him since birth. It's not just going to up and leave because he's switched sides." Harry said.

"Yes Harry... I do believe you are correct. I promise I will show it to as few people as possible. Now eat some breakfast Harry, it's going to be lunch in a few hours."

"Thank you Sir." Harry said to Dumbledore's retreating form. When the Head Master had left, Harry called for Dobby. With a pop, Dobby appeared before Harry, looking eager to please.

"Harry Potter!" the House Elf squeaked happily, "How may Dobby be of service?"

"Hey Dobby. Could you possibly get me a change of clothes and something to eat?"

"Of course Harry Potter! Dobby would be honoured!"

Dobby popped away and came back barely a minute later with eggs, bacon, toast, and some pumpkin juice on a tray in one hand. In the other, Dobby held a change of clothes. Dobby then bowed when Harry told him he didn't need anything else and left Harry to eat in peace. When Harry had finished getting dressed and eating, Hermione came rushing in with tears rolling down her face.