Chapter 6 - Viper

YOU sinked into the seat of the carriage and tried to keep your eyes open

You may or may not have stayed up all night reading all the romance novels Kalim's mother, Lucy has borrowed you.

And because of that, you completely forgot that you were visiting Kalim's place the next day.

Your parents were happy yet surprised that you and Kalim grew so close the past month. Of course, they weren't dumb to not notice he would show you affection he wouldn't even show his siblings. Unfortunately, you were quite ignorant.

So here you are today, Kalim inviting you to his house like usual. You wanted to decline his offer because you were too tired, but you also didn't want to break the six-year-old boy's heart.

"Lady [Y/n]."

But Kalim would've understood of you declined, right?

"Lady [Y/n]."

He would have. He's the most sweetest and forgiving character in the game!

"Lady [Y/n]."

Ugh! You really should have politely declined his invite. Now it will seem like you are bored and tired when you're with him.

"...Lady [Y/n]."

Oh gosh, you shouldn't have stayed up so late!

"Lady [Y/n]!"

You perked up. "Huh?"

He sighed. "Please avoid zoning out randomly, Lady [Y/n]."

You sweat dropped as you looked at the ground. "Sorry, Ilias."

Ilias Natsu is a twenty year old man who is your personal butler ever since you were born. Despite being a butler, he has many women fawning over him. He has long, pale turquoise hair that's styled in a braid and siren-like black eyes. He also has a small beauty mark beside his left eye, making him look more attractive.

He may look mean due to to his cold demeanor, but deep down he's an absolute sweetheart and gentleman. He cares about you dearly like you're his younger sibling.

Ilias sweat dropped and pat your head. "Don't apologize, Lady [Y/n]." He glanced outside and smiled. "It seems like we arrived."

You perked up as you placed your hands on the window and gazed outside.

Even though you lived in the Scalding Sands for five years, the landscape never fails making you awe-struck.

The carriage stopped as the door opened. Ilias stepped out first before lifting his hand in front of you and stood in a butler-like pose with a smile.

He never fails to amaze you.

You placed your smaller hands into his larger ones as he helped you down.