Chapter Five

Zoe's P.O.V

"What? That's stupid," I tell George. "George, I was looking at her today, when she was talking about you, I could tell she really loves you."
"I love her too," he says looking at the floor. "Oh George you're so stupid sometimes," I say whacking him on the head. "HEY!"

"You're going to come to the practice tomorrow and tell her what you told me."
"I am not." He stands up and starts to pace. "Zoe, I can't do that, she's happier here."
"Oh really, do you know what she has been doing all day, everyday since she came back? Crying, George, she's been crying. Does that sound like she's happy?"
"That's because we just broke up, after a while she get over it and find another guy in Bluebell and she will be happy," he says through clenched teeth.

"Anyways, I am heading back to Nashville tomorrow."
"Wait, what? No you are not." He can't go if I want to get him and Annabeth back together, because now I know they both want to be together.

"I'm sorry, Zoe, but you cannot make me stay."
"Okay, but just tell me what time you're going tomorrow, so I can say goodbye," and so I can get them back together before he goes, I don't know how I will do it, but I will, somehow. "Um, probably six AM." WHAT!! That is way to early. "No, no, no, you can't go that early without some of Lavon's pancakes he is making tomorrow. Please leave at ten AM instead, please," I beg him. "Please, please, please, ple-"
"Okay, okay, okay, ten AM and I'm gone."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you George," I say jumping on him and hugging him. "Alright, now get out of my hotel room, you are married you know?" He says jokingly. "Yeah, yeah, yeah, bye," I say laughing, as I head for the door, but before I open it he stops me. "You really are a great friend, I am lucky to have you, Zoe."
"Dido," I say as I walk out the door.

"Wade, I'm home, where's Harley," I say as I walk through our carriage house. "He's sleeping in his bed, babe," he says winking, he knows I hate being called babe. "I am just going to ignore you, because I need your help."
"Oh, yeah, don't worry I can help you take your clothes off."
"No, I need help with George."
"You need help taking his clothes off. Zoe I thought you were over him."
"Wade, shut up, this is important."

"Okay, what is it?"
"George is leaving tomorrow and we still don't have a plan to get him and Annabeth back together."
"Listen, I've been thinking, maybe what he's saying about Annabeth, how she isn't the one for him, is true and we should let it go."
"No it isn't true, Wade I talked to him today and he told me the real story."
"Well spill, what is it." I guess I can tell Wade, George only said not to tell AB. "He broke up with her because he thought she wasn't happy in Nashville."

"Well then, that's the plan, we tell Annabeth that."
"But, I promised George I wouldn't tell her, so it has to be a plan that doesn't involve that, okay."
"Yeah, yeah. What time is George leaving?"
"He was leaving at six in the morning, but I convinced him to stay for pancakes at Lavon's, so now he's leaving at ten."
"Wait, Lavon's making pancakes, why didn't anyone tell me?" I cup Wade's face in my hands. "Because we have to convince Lavon to make pancakes tomorrow."
"Oh."
"Okay, now that you're all caught up, let's make a plan."
"Well, how about we just ask AB to the pancake breakfast and do a whole parent trap thingy."
"Wade, you're a genius," I say jumping up and down, hugging and kissing him. "Okay, I'll call her now and invite her."

I take out my phone and ring Annabeth. "Hello," AB says, sounding a bit sad. "Aww, AB, how are you."
"Well, I'm eating my forth cruller, so." Oh no crullers are her comfort food. "That bad? How about you come to Lavon's tomorrow for pancake breakfast, that will cheer you up."
"Sorry, Zoe, but I have plans."
"Oh yeah? Doing what," I ask, suspicious. "Uh, um," she groans. "Okay, you got me, I asked brick for a day off tomorrow, so I can mope around all day."

"AB, please come to breakfast tomorrow, we all want you to come, especially Lemon. You can mope around after. Please?" I beg her. "Oh whatever, what time should I come?"
"Before ten, like eight thirty, nine."
"Alright, for you and Lemon."
"Thank you so much, AB, bye," I say, quickly hanging up before she can change her mind. Okay, now AB is coming and George is coming, it can only go two ways, they get angry and fight, or they make up and hopefully make out.

Lemon's P.O.V

"I can't believed I have to wake up at seven in the mornings to make pancakes for everyone. Why did I agree to this?" Lavon asks me on the bed. "Because you are a good friend."
"Oh, Lavon Hayes is an amazing friend, what I do for that girl, for all her schemes, it's just crazy," he says throwing his hands in the air. "Anyways, do you even think her plan will actually work? I mean it's crazy right? She thinks putting two people in the same room is going to solve their problems, that girl is crazy."

"Well we all know Zoe Hart is crazy, I knew from the second she came strolling into Bluebell with her short shorts," I say, laughing at the memory. "Anyway, enough about Zoe, we have some baby making to do," Lavon says cupping my face with his hands and pulling me to him. "Mm, I like the sound of that," I say. I close the gap between his lips and mine and he kisses me intensely, he rolls on top of me, rubbing up and down my waist with his big hands. He starts unbuttoning his flannel shirt, exposing his muscular physique. I can't help myself but rub his chest, until he leans down and passionately kisses me, then I wrap my arms around his neck.

Morning - Pancake Breakfast

Zoe's P.O.V

"Wade, Wade wake up, it's time for our plan to go into motion," I say, but he doesn't budge. "Oh, come on." I push him, but he still doesn't budge. "There's going to be pancakes." When he hears this, he springs off the bed. "I do love my pancakes."
We walk over to Lavon's with Harley in my arms. "This is going to work right?" I say aloud, but I think I'm talking to myself more than Wade. "I don't know, Zoe. I guess we'll find out," he says when we see George walking to Lavon's door.

"George!" I yell to get his attention. He turn around and smiles. "Hey Zoe, Wade, oh and Harley. How is the little Wade, I bet he's a rascal just like his daddy," he says slapping Wade on the shoulder. "Yep, he is just like his daddy, the women love him," Wade says, smirking like an idiot. "I bet they do," George says. "Shall we go in?" George asks opening the door for me. "We shall," I say walking inside.

********************************************
Remember to vote and comment if you like what you're reading.