Chapter Six

Annabeth's P.O.V

"Uh, I'm going to be late." It's nine and I am still at home, I should just forget about it and go back to bed, but just then, as if she is a mind reader, my phone rings. "Hey, Zoe."
"AB? Where are you?"
"I'm at home, I don't think I'm going to come," I say, guilty. "Annabeth, please," she begs me, I can never say no to someone begging, sometimes I hate that about myself. "Oh, alright, I'm on my way, make sure there's lots of pancakes for me."
"Thank you, AB, I owe you," she says and hangs up. Oh, you do owe me, Zoe, you owe me bad.

Zoe's P.O.V

"Okay she's coming," I tell Wade. "Awesome," he says through a mouthful of pancakes. "These pancakes are delicious Zoe, have some," he says feeding me a fork of pancakes. "Mm, yum."
"Too bad, Harley can't taste some yet," Wade says looking at Harley in my arms. "Yeah, he's on a strict breast milk diet only," I say laughing. Wade and I go back to Lavon's kitchen where everyone is eating. "Hey Zoe, can I speak to you?" Lavon asks me. "Uh yeah." He takes me to the study. "Are you sure you wanna do this, Zoe? You know it's not too late, we can call Annabeth and tell her not to come."
"Lavon, we have to do this, AB needs to know why he broke up with her and if this is the only way, so be it."

Annabeth's P.O.V

Okay I'm here, I am just going to go in there grab some pancakes and leave. I go through the door and smell the delicious scent of pancakes and see GEORGE!? "What the heck are you doing here!?" I ask him. "ANN-, ANNABETH!?" He asks me puzzled. "What are you doing here?" He asks. "WHAT AM I DOING HERE!? I'm here because my friends invited me for pancakes, but you're supposed to be in Nashville, with your lover."
"My lover? I don't have a lover Annabeth, what are you talking about."

"Well that is the only reason I came up with about why you broke up with me, I mean why else would you?" I ask holding back tears. "I don't have a lover Annabeth, that is not why I broke up with you, you know why. I'm here because Zoe an-, wait who invited you here?"
"Zoe wh-."

"ZOE!" We both scream in unison. Zoe comes around the corner looking guilty. "Yeah?"
"Zoe, is this you plan, get us in the same room and we get back together?" George asks her. "Yeah..."

"That's not how it works, Zoe," I say. "George doesn't like me anymore that's it, I just have to deal with the fact that, although I love him so much, he doesn't love me," I say, unable to hold back my tears. "Annabeth," George come towards me. "No George, I'm going, that is what you wanted, to never see me again, so that is what I'm doing, bye." I walk out the door and head for my car.

"WAIT ANNABETH," George yells, as he comes running towards me. "What George, what?" I ask as I stop in front of him. "I didn't say I never wanted to see you again, I-I jus-"
"George please, you told me you didn't want to be with me anymore and you kicked me out, to me that looked like a sure sign that you don't ever want to see me again. Bye," I say heading for my car again, but George grabs me by my wrist and pulls me into his chest, kissing me passionately, until I push him off of me. "What the heck George!?"

"I love you Annabeth," he says stepping towards me. What does he mean he loves me, he is so confusing, ARGH. "What?" I ask confused. "I love you Annabeth."
"Then why the hell did you break up with me?"
"Well, um, alright I'll tell you, I broke up with you because you weren't happy with me-"

"WHAT!? I was really happy with you, that is why I was so upset that you didn't want to be with me anymore," I interrupt. "I know you were happy with me and I was happy with you, but if you let me speak without interrupting, I will tell you why I broke up with you, okay?"
"Whatever, tell me why."

"Thank you. I broke up with you because you weren't happy with me in Nashville, you missed Bluebell and I could tell how much you disliked Nashville."
"Okay, I did miss Bluebell and I hated Nashville, but I love you George, so much," I say walking closer to him. "AB, I love you so much too, but how would this work? I'm used to the city, I lived in New York City, for gods sake, but you hate the city," George says, taking a step towards me.

"I know, I really do hate the city, I guess I'm a country gal and I can't ask you to move back here, you love being an agent. I don't know maybe we can't do this," I say as a tear runs down my face. We stand there silent, two feet from each other, I want to close the gap and embrace him, but I can't. I can tell his thinking hard, but about what?

After another ten minutes of silently standing in front of each other, he speaks. "I'm moving back."

"No, George you can't, what about your job as an agent? what about Pamela Bailey?" I ask. "Pamela can get another agent and I can go back to being an agent for Meatball and the Truitt brothers and be an attorney again, I actually missed that, a lot."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes I'm sure, I want to be with you, AB." I smile my biggest smile at this and jump on George, wrapping my arms around his neck, embracing and eagerly kissing him.