A Knight Of The Kingsguard

Alicent and Daenaera after a long night in her bed

Alicent and Daenaera simply being in love

The morning sun rose in the sky, peeling away the darkness with its shrouds of light filling the earth

The morning sun rose in the sky, peeling away the darkness with its shrouds of light filling the earth. Daenaera liked to watch the sun rise some mornings, she also enjoyed watching it set. She saw herself as the sun, bright enough to light the way out of the darkness for the realm when she would become queen. She was a ray of light for her father, her sister, for all those around her in their time of grief, but the only light she had was one, Alicent Hightower.

Daenaera was wrapped in a sheet, standing upon her balcony, Alicent had left moments before, they did not wish to be caught. It would be bad if they were caught, they could be killed by the faith or even worse. They could kill Alicent and leave the princess alive, because she was blood of the dragon. There was no world in which Daenaera lived, but Alicent did not, she could not live without her, her love was too great. "Alicent is my great love." She had told Rhaenyra, one evening after dinner, "She and I were born to be together." Daenaera truly believed that.

A maid came to dress her, she wore a dress of gold like the sun, her hair in two long braids at either side on her head. A natural look for a Targaryen Princess and heir to the throne. Daenaera ate break fast with Rhaenyra, in her chambers. The two sisters did that oft as Viserys had Otto spilling him details for the council meeting. It was never quiet between the sisters, never a dull moment with them. "I take it you enjoyed your night of whoring with your girllover." They also had no secrets between the two, Rhaenyra often teased her of Alicent.

"I did, yes. Loved it." The two girls laughed as they sat at the table with one another. "And which unlucky fellow has your eye this week?" Daenaera reached for a muffin, "Or is it that boorish lady you are always with, Jalessa Strong?" Rhaenyra shot her sister a look.

"Very funny, my sister, heir to the iron throne and court jester. Jalessa is my only friend when you are prancing about with Alicent Hightower." It was Daenaera's turn to shoot a glare at her sister.

"Do tell me of this perfect lover." Daenaera used a tone mocking Rhaenyra, it made Rhaenyra smile, but she was attempting to not fall prey to her sister's antics.