2

Having to work wasn't all that bad. Despite having to at a young age, working opens your eyes to lots of things. It teaches you how to manage your money, taxes, and resources that you need. It's a good skill to acquire, well this was what Ayano thought anyway. Once she switched shifts with one of her co-workers, she began to prepare her area when the chime of the door caused her to look towards its direction.

Seeing who it was, she smirked.

"Did the bank and the car dealership really take that long?"

"Don't even get me started," Yagi grumbled as he passed by her to one of the aisles. Ayano laughed, causing some heads to turn towards her direction, but she paid no mind to it. Two customers in line later, Yagi finally showed up with his groceries in a basket. He handed it to her, and she said a quiet but cheerful thank you before scanning the contents.

"So, how was school?" He asked.

Ayano shrugged. "Nothing much. We did get to list what schools we wanted to go to, so that was fun."

"Oh? What did you put on your list?"

"UA, Shiketsu High, and Naniko High."

"UA, huh?" he questioned, a smile tugging on his lips, "making it your goal to become one of the top heroes?"

Ayano laughed. Placing the contents in the bags, she handed them to Yagi before shaking her head.

"The main reason why I chose to-"

A scream rung in the air, and both Yagi and Ayano's heads swung to the origin of the sound. Quickly handing off the bags to Yagi, she ran to the doors to see what was going on. A group of people were crowded along the shop's sidewalk talking about the absent heroes on the scene. Glancing towards the left, she saw a liquid-like creature fleeing away from one of the shops, some paper bills flying behind it.

"A villain?" Ayano stood astonished as the creature began getting further away. "Damn, again? It's the third time this week." she groaned slightly.

In her peripheral vision, Yagi stared out in the direction the villain took off.

"Remember when we didn't have to worry about randos with quirks all the time?"

He set down the plastic bags, and Ayano looked in his direction.

"Can you hold on to this for a while?" He said.

She briefly glanced down to his stomach, and a small sigh emitted from her.

"Please don't overwork yourself," she whispered.

With a smile, he ruffled her hair.

--

After the whole debacle a few minutes earlier, Ayano went back to her work. Her head was leaned against her hand as she continued to watch the rest of the customers come in. Most of them talked about how they were able to meet All Might I person, albeit not being a direct interaction. Talks about meeting All Might in person brought her back to the first time she met him.

It was almost around 9 years ago. Ayano didn't exactly have any parents while growing up. Well, technically she did. But everything beyond 6-years-old, she couldn't remember. The only thing left to her from her parents was life insurance and a small fortune. Apparently, or so she heard, they died from a tragic accident that happened a year before.

The 'Tokyo Massacre' as the event was dubbed.

With no guardians but some fortune to her last name, Ayano decided to live on her own after the many families she transferred between. She settled in a small apartment complex in Musutafu, Japan. It was a cheap place, but it was also in a very nice neighborhood. A major rarity now that Ayano thinks about it.