30

Before Ayano knew it, the second battle of the Sports Festival was already over. A cold smoke emanated from the enormous iceberg that casted over the whole stadium. Shock rattled its occupants, and a slightly wavered breath fell out of Ayano's mouth as she stared at the spiked ice in front of her.

Kaminari screeched at the how it was only a few inches away from her face. A hand went onto the girl's shoulder, slowly leaning her further away from the ice. Knowing who it was, her eyes shifted towards Eijiro, but all he did was look at the ice with wide eyes. Midnight called Todoroki the winner, and as the boy began to melt away the ice, everyone's body relaxed.

"That...was too close," Eijiro voiced.

Kaminari agreed. "Yeah, no kidding."

Ayano glanced behind her before looking towards the arena. The Ice was mostly melted now, Sero being able to yank himself out of his frozen prison. While he and Todoroki walked off towards the entrances, Ayano stood up, ready to go to the waiting rooms.

"Good luck," Eijiro smirked, raising a fist towards her direction.

Ayano returned one of her own and bumped her fist against his before leaving. After Todoroki's match, Kaminari's battle was over in an instant. Luckily for him, at least he wasn't wearing the cheerleader outfit in addition to the humiliation he suffered. The next battle before Ayano's was Iida against Hatsume. She didn't know who the girl was. But once their battle had begun, Ayano would make sure to remember who the girl was.

She burst out laughing as Hatsume used the class president as a walking advertisement. Poor Iida was moved by his opponent's sportsmanship that he didn't realize there was an ulterior motive. When he entered the room, all Ayano could do was collapse in laughter.

"Oh no, Iida," she laughed in between breaths.

Said boy gasped in offence. "Don't make fun of me! I was tricked! Used against my will!"

Ayano tried suppressing the giggles from coming out of her mouth. Taking a few deep breaths, she rested her head on her hand, a small smirk on her face.

"Well, this is the Sport's Festival. Did you really think someone would offer you something to win out of the kindness of their heart in a competition? For a guy who wears his glasses every day, you are really blind."

"Hey!"

Iida fumed, but before he could get another word out, Ayano laughed.

"I'm joking. Anyways, you still won, didn't you?"

"I did, but-!"

"Then no harm done," she reassured. Standing up from her seat, she walked over to him and pat him on the shoulder.

"Despite the embarrassing event, if you still get to move on, I'd consider it a win. Just show them what you're made of the next round. And besides-"

This time, a mischievous glint reached her eyes, her smirk growing wider.

"If I win, that means you'll be fighting me next. So, let's give them a show, yeah?"

With that last statement, Ayano left towards her 1st battle, leaving a slightly annoyed, narrow-eyed Iida behind.

--

"Let's hurry and charge along to the fifth match! Let's hope that gaudy belt serves some kind of purpose, it's Yuga Aoyama from the Hero course!"

"Versus...the girl who continues to remain as one of the leading competitors in the Sport's Festival, from the same class, Ayano Sakashima!!!"

"Are you ready to be defeated Mademoiselle?" Aoyama smiled a signature, sparkly expression.