29

Following the intermission, all of the students returned to the stadium. She didn't know why, but when Ayano returned the table, Mina was no where to be seen. She asked the rest of the boys at her table where the pink-colored girl was, but all she received was a shrug and a slight mention of how some of the other girls in the class grabbed her before running off somewhere else. Maybe they had plans to do something before the match ups?

The bell rang, signaling the end of the lunch break. Humming lightly, Ayano waited for the rest of the group to stand up before following them out to the stadium once more. As they got through the doorway, Ayano stopped, mouth agape with her eyes wide when they landed on a group off to the side.

"What the..." Eijiro trailed off. Stood amongst the sideline were all of the females of Class 1-A, excluding Ayano of course, and all of them donned a skimpy orange cheerleader outfit with some pom poms for a matching set. Sero, though surprised, snickered lightly under his breath, causing Ayano to give him a short glare. Yaoyarozu yelled angrily from the distance. From what she could make out, Ayano immediately knew what happened.

Slowly, her gaze turned towards the grape-haired boy and his electric companion, and she growled both of their names loud enough for both of them to hear. Their bodies went stiff. Mechanically, they both turned, only to see nothing.

They screeched as they felt themselves get picked up before it stopped short, all three people rapidly appearing towards the depressed group of girls. Once they stopped face to face, Ayano fumed.

"Yaoyarozu," she started. Said girl glanced up sadly, only for her forlorn look to turn into one of surprise as she saw the two culprits at the mercy of the vice class president.

"Make sure you get their sizes for me," Ayano glowered.

Both Kaminari and Mineta gulped.

--

Luckily for the two boys, they didn't get measured right then and there. Not soon after, the announcement of a one on one tournament between contestants rang throughout the stadium, causing Eijiro to beam at Ayano.

She lightly chuckled, her previous anger now forgotten. Looking back up at the stadium's screen, she slowly breathed in before releasing it. She couldn't believe it. Both her and Eijiro had made it into the final event. After years of just watching behind a screen, they were both here. And she honestly couldn't wait to go up against her classmates in a battle, especially since she's going to be aiming for the top, just like everyone else was.

Just as Midnight was about to let the winning team draw lots for the competition, a single hand rose up in the air, and his soft, although confident voice struck a chord in everyone who was present.

"Sorry, but I'm withdrawing."

Ayano gasped, quickly turning towards her right to stare at her blonde-haired friend with a gobsmacked look on her face.

"Ojiro, why-?"

"It just wouldn't be right," he began, "I barely remember anything from the cavalry battle until the very end of it...I think it was that guy's quirk."

Hold on a second. How is that even...a mind erasing quirk? But I'm sure I saw Ojiro participating in the event like everyone else was. Ayano looked down in thought, eyes briefly shooting towards the kid with the wild, purple hair.

Who is he?

Sighing lightly, Ayano tuned back into the conversation. The rest of the girls behind Ojiro tried to discourage him from the decision, but he couldn't accept the reasoning. She believed it was a foolish move, but she couldn't blame him. Ojiro was the one to get affected by this, not Ayano. So who was she to judge him for this decision.