Chapter 3

August 23, 2017

Mi-young is two months old.

It's been two months since my daughter was born, and I don't think I've had a full night's sleep since. But that's okay. Every time I see her sweet face and hear her little coos, it's worth it.

Being a father has been everything I expected it to be, and more. I've experienced a range of emotions I never knew I had inside me, from overwhelming love and joy to fear and anxiety. But I've also discovered a strength within me that I didn't know I had, as I learn to navigate the ups and downs of fatherhood.

It's been an adjustment, of course. I've had to learn a new kind of patience and flexibility as I've adapted my schedule to fit my daughter's schedule. Finding a reliable caregiver has been tough, but I'm grateful for the support of my bandmates and fans who have helped me through this difficult time.

With my ex-girlfriend still missing, it's been a rollercoaster of emotions for me. But my daughter has kept me grounded and given me purpose even in the toughest moments. I'm learning to manage my own anxieties as I care for her, and it's a learning experience every day.

Overall, I'm grateful for everything fatherhood has brought into my life. It's not always easy, but every moment with my daughter is precious and reminds me why I'm doing this.

Today is one of my rare day off, and I had a whole list of things to do, including getting Mi-young's passport. As a K-pop star, traveling is part of the job, and I know that I'll be going on tour soon. I want to make sure that my daughter has all the necessary documents to come along with me.

My members decided to tag along, a gesture that meant more to me than they could ever know. Taemin offered to carry the diaper bag, while Minho held my daughter and made silly faces to make her laugh. Onew was keeping a lookout, as usual, making sure that we didn't get mobbed by fans. Jonghyun, in his usual way, was cracking jokes and making everyone laugh.

As we arrived at the passport office, I noticed people glancing in our direction. We got a lot of attention because of our status as K-pop idols, but it was different this time. People were looking at us because of my daughter, Mi-young. She was in a stroller, cooing and smiling, and drawing looks from passersby. Some people even stopped to take pictures, which made me feel a little uncomfortable, but I knew it was all part of the experience.

As we waited in line, a fan walked up to us, expressing how excited she was to see Mi-young and me in person. She mentioned that she had watched us on "The Return of Superman" for those two episodes and how she was touched by our father-daughter bond.

At first, I was taken aback by the fan's approach, but her kind words made me feel more at ease. I could see the genuine joy in her eyes as she gazed at my daughter, who was sound asleep now, a small smile on her face.

It's moments like these that make me grateful to be in this industry, to have the opportunity to inspire people and make them happy even in small ways. My daughter has brought so much joy into my life, and I'm glad that our story has touched the hearts of others.

Just as I was lost in my thoughts, a clerk called out my name, bringing my attention back to the task at hand. I approached the counter, Mi-young's passport papers in hand, and went through the motions of getting everything in order.

"Are you applying for a passport?" she asked me.

"Yes," I replied, "For my daughter."

The clerk smiled at me warmly and asked for the necessary documents, including Mi-young's birth certificate and photo ID. I handed them over, feeling a bit nervous as I watched her carefully inspect them.