Missing patient

The old and decrepit hospital towers above the desolate and deserted urban landscape, serving as a grim reminder of a past long forgotten. The sun's rays pierce through a gaping hole in the roof, casting a dim light on the ruins and the decay within. Every sound is magnified as the wind blows, with each creak and rumble of a loose board sounding like a distant whisper. As the dust and debris settle back down, a subtle silhouette appears, slowly but surely approaching the abandoned structure.

Denis slowly made his way through the dreadful dark halls of the hospital, the darkness of building only broken by the faint glow of his flashlight. As his beam of light swung from side to side, dust particles danced in the air, drifting down slowly and lightly. The buildings were old, showing signs of decay and neglect. The silence was almost eerie, with just a few creaks and groans from the ancient structures. 

''Have you found anything yet?'' A soft whisper from Kreek, who stood right behind Denis uncertain if he should be doing this. ''I should've had never agreed to this.'' he mumbled. There was something oddly captivating about the place that was bothering him, although its doors had long since been shut, its dim, musty, and dust-laden halls still held an air of intrigue that drew the two boys in like a moth to a flame. 

''Maybe if you shut up for a second, then we would've had left this earlier.'' Denis's attention immediately went over through the dust-laden halls, ''Wait, kreeky.'' 

''Don't call me that-''

''Okay. Forrest, look over there'' He says pointing through the dark halls, Kreek tried to follow the direction he was pointing to, he furrowed his eyebrow and stepped back, ''I'm not going there.'' he said with his voice quivering in fear, fucking scaredy cat. or maybe it was the strange sense of foreboding that came with the thought of the secrets hidden within its walls. Denis's curiosity was too strong for him to resist, and after only a moment's hesitation and multiple amounts of tries Denis had to drag Kreek, they slipped inside.

''I hate you for this.'' Kreek slowly made his way through with his footsteps echoing in the silence. A sense of dread and unease filled the air, Kreek knew that his search for clues would be anything but easy. As he turned the corner, he suddenly spotted a flash of movement in the shadows. Was it a trick of the light or was there something or someone else in the hospital with him? or was it just him. is he imagining things again out of fear? Denis had noticed this and thought of an idea

while Kreek carefully crept along the hospital corridors, his heart racing at the thought of his friend's impending reaction. He could hear the footsteps of someone getting closer, Denis quickly ducked into an empty room, covering his mouth to stifle his laughter. Denis watched from behind the door as his friend walked by, completely unaware of his presence. With a last deep breath, he jumped out and let out a loud shriek, sending his friend into a fit of screaming and laughter.

''It's not funny! Stop!!''

''Shhhtt! did you hear that?'' Denis broke the moment and immediate silence quickly filled the room, Denis earning a smack from the back of the head from Kreek that broke the silence.

"What a nightmare," Kreek muttered to himself as he moved through the dark, dilapidated hallway. His footsteps were muffled by the thick layer of dust that covered the floor, and the walls were covered in cobwebs and mold, Kreek's face scrunched. As he made his way down the hallways, a dim glow shone from one room off to the side. Drawn by his curiosity, the Kreek cautiously approached the doorway. As he cautiously pushed it open, he was greeted with blinding light from the other side. He took a deep breath and stepped through.

Only for the silence to get interrupted, again, Denis managed to stop Kreek in time.

''Didn't we have another person with us earlier?'' Denis asked in curiosity.